Thread: Miss Vegas brushless

Default Miss Vegas brushless

Hey all,
    New to brushless guy here. Forum is awesome. It?s inspired me to rebuild my like new Miss Vegas deuce that has been a shelf queen for 3 or more years.

Backstory: bought it a number of years ago new in box. Ran 4 or 5 tanks through. Always had an issue with the starter. Upgraded to a belt starting system. I was letting a friend have a turn. Boat started, he nicked the side of the dock with the plastic OEM prop. Driveline went everywhere. I did replace the prop. Been sitting ever since.

Now, I've had plans to go brushless on this for a few years now. Stumbled on the forum and it looks like the time has come finally come. I'll try and keep this short since there have been numerous conversion builds but not a ton of straight answers. This is my first boat build but I'm not a newbie when it comes to hands on work like this.

I stripped the boat down. I plan to throw a layer of CF or fiberglass down while doing the motor mount. I foamed a bit for rigidity. Wanted to try it out vs a pool noodle or something else.

UPDATE: Poor quality pics --will take more detailed within the next day or so in daylight Epoxy cloth and resin down and everything is mounted besides the batteries and ESC. Relatively close to the maiden voyage. Hopefully a week. parts list below

leopard 4082 2000kv with 50mm jacket
    Seaking 180 v3
    2 2s OSE revo 70c 5000mah
    CF motor and servo mount
    Proboat duel pickup rudder with custom assembly
    OSE upgraded flexcable assembly
    Octura m445 prop with bullet nut.
    Savox SW-0231 servo
    Spektrum 215 receiver
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by njallday18; 12-10-2019 at 08:12 PM.