Thread: Rudder turn fin position

Default Rudder turn fin position

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP so far.am trying to decide whether rudder left side and turn fin right side or vice versa . also see them mounted both on right side. quite con fused as have seen pictures of all mounting positions. this is just going to be sport only so is there a preferred location. thks Al

Rudder is typically setup to the right of the prop when mounted in an offset position. It has to do with turning right in oval racing. Turn fins are usually installed on both sides of a V bottom hull setup for sport use.

If this is related to your 1/10th scale hydro fin question, you want it on the inside.. which side depends on which way you want to go around the course.
    If you go conventional right turn, then you run conventional props and can use the aquacraft or any other conventional bent fins.
    If you want to run more scale, like the Pacific Northwest clubs, then you would set up reverse rotating prop and fin on the port side. You would probably need to make Larry’s fin or something similar.
    Placement of the rudder: I have not noticed a better side, this is probably personal preference and/or scale adherence.

Hope this helps.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    If this is related to your 1/10th scale hydro fin question, you want it on the inside.. which side depends on which way you want to go around the course.
    If you go conventional right turn, then you run conventional props and can use the aquacraft or any other conventional bent fins.
    If you want to run more scale, like the Pacific Northwest clubs, then you would set up reverse rotating prop and fin on the port side. You would probably need to make Larry?s fin or something similar.
    Placement of the rudder: I have not noticed a better side, this is probably personal preference and/or scale adherence.

Hope this helps.
    thanks a lot for your help. wish i was closer to the seattle clubs as would just love to be to be involved . tks AL

I like this channel. I just learned a bunch I never knew.

Nortavlag Bulc