Thread: swordfish 220X+

Default swordfish 220X+

Looking for any opinions on a swordfish 220X+. I'm upgrading the ESCs in a cheetah twin and cant decide between the new ZTW 200 or the swordfish 220X+. Data logging is not a factor in my decision. Any advice would be appreciated.

Nothing fellas?

How about the 200?
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=hef-HBX1200L
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I too am curious to know what the better built esc is between these two.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo1 View Post
    I too am curious to know what the better built esc is between these two.
    I just received the new ZTW 200s. I'll run them the first weekend in December. I'm assuming they will be an improvement over the SK 180s I'm runnimg now. I've heard the SW 220's have issues so I went with the ZTW 200s.

Downside of the ZTW is that is goes forward and reverse and that cannot be turned off, You have to be careful about not accidently hitting reverse. Swordfish 220esc's always have issues...eventually!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Downside of the ZTW is that is goes forward and reverse and that cannot be turned off, You have to be careful about not accidently hitting reverse. Swordfish 220esc's always have issues...eventually!
    Thanks for the tip. I should be able to turn off the reverse on my radio. The 200amp ZTWs are installed but haven't run them yet. I'll have an opinion once I've run a couple packs through them.

Quote Originally Posted by tjj atx View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I should be able to turn off the reverse on my radio. The 200amp ZTWs are installed but haven't run them yet. I'll have an opinion once I've run a couple packs through them.
    I finally ran my cheetah P twin last Saturday with the new 200A ZTWs. Major improvement over the SK 180s. They ran cool and I pushed them pretty hard as well. 71.2 mph down the straights! I'm very happy with them. The new ZTW 200s are much larger and heavier than the originals and not being able to turn off reverse are the only draw backs.