Thread: Cad design help

Talking CAD Design HELP!

Hey y'all. I see there is a new forum section for 3D file sharing and viewing. I recently graduated from Clemson for Mechanical Engineering and have really good skills with Fusion360 and Solidworks modeling software. If anyone has custom parts that they would like to have modeled I would be happy to try and help with some design work for small fees. I do not currently have a 3D printer but can create all the CAD files into .stl files that can be printed on any 3d printing software or slicing program. If anyone has small projects let me know! I think this is an awesome addition to the forum and a lot of cool custom parts could definitely come from it!

-Robert
    Last edited by mxrb18; 10-25-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Hey Robert, are you still near Clemson? I am just up the hwy in Asheville.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Thanks for posting, Im sure people would love some help with things that are rolling around in their heads!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I am in Columbia now but head back that way every so often!

Absolutely! I know if I didn't have access to the software or had something I was itching to design and prototype I would kill to have someone able to make me something on the fly and kick projects off!

3D printing a hull would be a fantastic way to make a plug for mold making.
    I'm not sure that the 3d printing material is currently up to the punishment of a FE boat.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Hi Robert,
    I am fairly new to the forums.
    I also work with fusion 360, do a lot of rc boat modelling and run two 3d printers all day long.
    I am good at mechanical parts but not so good at sculpting.
    I would love to collaborate on two boat projects with you.
    Can you pm me so we can discuss my ideas.
    Thanks
    Bryan
    Last edited by Bryan; 11-04-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Default 3DP plug

I saw someone mention 3d printing a plug for an RC boat here. Well, thats what im doing right now. I will need to print the deck and hatch now, the hull is ready for finishing with bondo and gel coat. Design made in Freeship.

Also, do you think i Can get it to self right using a flood chamber? Motor is 3670 2280kv, battery HRB 4s 4200mah and esc flycolor 90a.

Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jansvast View Post
    I saw someone mention 3d printing a plug for an RC boat here. Well, thats what im doing right now. I will need to print the deck and hatch now, the hull is ready for finishing with bondo and gel coat. Design made in Freeship.
    slope io

Also, do you think i Can get it to self right using a flood chamber? Motor is 3670 2280kv, battery HRB 4s 4200mah and esc flycolor 90a.

Jan
    I think this is possible

I've been using Fusion 360 to design boat parts and molds for epoxy/glass parts. I just molded a custom cowl and wrote an article on how I did a replacement Leecraft XT-120 cowl. See namba.com/content/library/propwash/2021/October/16/ I've also been designing and 3D printing sponsons for my P limited hydro. See below.

Lohring Miller

P1010054.jpg