Thread: Delta Force 29 mono electronics upgrade

Default Delta Force 29 mono electronics upgrade

I have a Delta Force 29 that I bought used from a fellow member on OSE.

So far I have loved the boat, as it is compact enough to store easily and rides good on the water with no negative tendencies.

Since I have grown comfortable with the boat, I would like to add a little bit more power to it. It currently has a Leopard 3650 2950 KV motor and a 120a esc that I am unsure of the brand of. I run the boat on 3s lipo and everything stays cool. So far I am thinking of upgrading to a Leopard 3665 or longer motor and an OSE raider esc. I would like to stay with 3s lipo as I do not have a 4s lipo or any other r/c vehicles that could use a 4s lipo and there is not enough room for 2 2s packs with the boats current configuration. I do have a turnigy 3665 motor rated at 2650kv that is being replaced in my slash 4x4 and also would be willing to try one of these motors from Hobbystar as their car motors are very good for the price.

Let me know if I need to give anymore information

Forgot to add, it has an Octura X437 3 blade prop

You have come to a point where you need to figure out what you want to do. If you are trying to do it on the cheap and go a LITTLE faster than your 36 x 65 motor will probably push the boat better but you will need a little more prop because it will be turning slower than the 36 x 50, being lower KV. It will also produce more torque and be able to turn a larger prop. Buy the plastic Graupner props sold here on OSE for 6 bucks. They work fine for low to mid power. Your 120 amp ESC should handle it all fine,but if it fails the raider 150 is a great unit for the money.I have 3 of them, much bigger motors on 6S and no problem. Now if you want to go fast a36 x 50 is not much motor for that hull and if you can fit a 3S battery why can't you stack 2 2S batteries one on top of the other or sandwich them side by side. Either of your motors are to high KV for 4 S. For comparison I run a 30" revolt not the same as yours but similar in size and weight and hull design. Motor is a leopard 40 x 74 2000 KV 120 amp esc X-642 prop on 4 S it will run about 54 mph and on 5 S it has gone 59 mph on smooth water. It is clearly on the ragged edge at that speed but your boat has the potential do that with just a motor upgrade. Hope this information helps.