Thread: Neu 1527 motor with shaft end play - repairable ?

Question Neu 1527 motor with shaft end play - repairable ?

My Neu 1527 (1250KV +or -) has about 3MM end play in the shaft. I am the third owner of this motor and I think it was misused in the past but it is still running fast and winning
    in our club races. Question would be - is this something to worry about and if so is it repairable? Perhaps bushings on the shaft end or a spring in the same place are shot? The
    bearings seem to be in good shape. What end of the motor would have to be opened or would it be both if there is a chance of repair?

I have never tried to repair a motor before but would like to save this one from an ugly death.

Mike,

Might want to call the company to ask that question.

https://neumotors.com/brushless-moto...sand-diego-ca/

See you next week.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I'm not sure how it is even possible for wear to get to 3mm of end play. My guess is it was disassembled and a spacer lost. I have only had a few apart but I usually see a spacer and shims. Sometimes a wave washer. Pull the end bell and see whats on the shaft now. I would shim the play out and reassemble.
    Neu will want you to send it in for the reconditioning service.

I did speak with Lisa at the company yesterday and she said they would either send me the shims or I could send it to them to do what was needed. She said the only charge for it would probably be shipping.
    I would assume that "no charge" would for be for an easy fix with only the shims but that would seem to be all that is wrong. It still runs great with no odd noises. As far as I can see it would be worth it it in
    any event given the cost of a new one. Thanks for your reply.