Thread: ECS question?

Default ECS question?

I could sure use some advice...I'm not an electronics guy by any means.
    I hope I explain whats going on correctly.
    I'm running twins...two OSE Raider 6s 150amp Esc's powering two motors.
    When I squeeze the throttle both motors smoothly accelerate to full speed. In about 5-6 seconds the port motor cuts off...if I quickly go back to neutral and accelerate in the same fashion the same thing happens. Since the scenario can be reapeted over and over I'm thinking there is a programming issue with the port ESC?
    I made a plywood mock-up of the transom last year to mock up the drives and motors with power...all went without issue but now that I'm finally installing the drive components into the finished hull there's issues...20191013_153346.jpg20190513_140524.jpg
    South Jersey Vice

Cool

And we could use some more information. Are you running the boat out of the water when one motor quits? If so, don?t do it for extended periods and never at full throttle - it will damage the motors.

If you are running the boat in the water, then it could be your packs or the programming. Are you running each motor with its own pack? We need more specific information:

Exactly what packs are you running?
    Exactly what motors?
    What props?
    Are you running 6S per motor? How many P?
    Were the packs fully charged?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hey Fluid,
    I solved the issue...
    I'm running twin motors with twin Raider 150 esc's each powered by two separate Nimh packs...14.2 volts at 4500mah each. The packs were sitting a while and the esc's were programmed with a low voltage cut off. I charged up the packs and programmed the esc's to not have a low voltage cutoff. All works well however I have another issue and I can't figure out what I did to cause it. Forward works on both motors perfectly but I get no reverse from the right engine...just left.
    South Jersey Vice

Quote Originally Posted by stac1627 View Post
    Hey Fluid,
    I solved the issue...
    I'm running twin motors with twin Raider 150 esc's each powered by two separate Nimh packs...14.2 volts at 4500mah each. The packs were sitting a while and the esc's were programmed with a low voltage cut off. I charged up the packs and programmed the esc's to not have a low voltage cutoff. All works well however I have another issue and I can't figure out what I did to cause it. Forward works on both motors perfectly but I get no reverse from the right engine...just left.
    Check the programming on the esc's. It is likely that one is programmed for/rev and the other forward only.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Peter,
    Both were working fine...both props spun forward, both props spun in reverse.
    Both still work forward but the right has stopped in reverse...left still spins in reverse.
    Its driving me crazy!
    South Jersey Vice