Thread: A little help please just bought A new miss Geico

Default A little help please just bought A new miss Geico

I just bought a new missed Geico after I plug the batteries in the ECS makeS tones and blinks red then it goes red solid is this normal? I ran the boat for approximately five minutes and the batteries were hot I do not know exactly how hot thanks in advance Paul

Well how hot were the batteries? Too hot to hold? They will get puffy if you over discharge them.
    As far as the ESC goes I am not familiar with the new Geico but the instructions should explain

I the Miss Geico Twin is using a new ESC that I have not used. They way most of their previous models have operated, after plugging in the batteries and powering on the ESC with the power switch, they will beep to indicate the number of Lipo cells detected. Assuming you're running four 3S packs, two in series per side, you should hear 6 beeps.

You haven't given us much to work with as far as your battery heat issue. Like srislash mentioned, if you ran the voltage down too low in your packs, that can explain the heat. Measure the voltage of them after your run. The individual cell voltages should be close to 3.8V for optimal battery performance and life. As you gain more experience with the boat, you'll be able to time your runs and bring it back to shore right around the 3.8V mark.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you for the replies I was only running one battery per side they were not too hot to hold I did pick up a thermometer for next outing in the instructions under throttle range calibration it says it will beep once and go green I have not bound the boat sens I assume it’s done at the factory so when I run the boat the LEDs stay red Thanks Paul