Thread: End point adjustments?

Default End point adjustments?

Hi all, just gotta say I can not get enough of this forum lately. I have surely learnt a great deal and how to do things the correct way with all your help and the great threads and posts!

So here is my next question that I am sure I will gain good information and more experience from.

Does adjusting throttle end point on the transmitter from 100 percent to 120 percent increase rpm/power/speed or is it all relative to volts of batteries times kv of the motor? I have mine set on 100 percent.

I realise adjusting steering end point changes the servo throw but would throttle end point make a difference?

Not one bit. It is the range an ESC uses when calibrating. I have read where some ESCs require or benefit from EPA beyond 100% but it makes no sense that it should be so. Once calibrated 100% is 100%.

Try to keep your rudder EPA close to 100%. If you have too much throw reduce it geometrically in the linkage. I usually use the servo horn hole closest to the inside and have plenty of throw. Giving away EPA on rudder is giving away servo torque and resolution.

It has been proven on this forum in the past that some ESC's like a setting above 100%.
    I set my CC - ESC's to 120 % for best performance.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Old swordfish 240 ESC's needed more than 100% after calibration. I hated it and that's why I stopped using them.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Old swordfish 240 ESC's needed more than 100% after calibration. I hated it and that's why I stopped using them.
    I have the 200amp swordfish lv esc.... do you think it may require more than 100% like the 240 esc? I’m not having any issues just curious. Not much information out there for my particular esc.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo1 View Post
    I have the 200amp swordfish lv esc.... do you think it may require more than 100% like the 240 esc? I’m not having any issues just curious. Not much information out there for my particular esc.
    just try turning travel to 105-110%. You can’t hurt anything and one never knows, it may give that extra

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    just try turning travel to 105-110%. You can’t hurt anything and one never knows, it may give that extra
    Exactly. If it goes faster, it worked.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)