Thread: Sprint cat 42, Stryker f41, or Stryker top gun II electric?

Default Sprint cat 42, Stryker f41, or Stryker top gun II electric?

I want to build one of these for 12s. Anyone have one? Need interior pics for battery layout and hardware location. This will be my first no rtr boat. Probably do a single for simplicity. Looking to hit 75-80mph

12s is going to be heavy. Why12? Lighten it up go 8. I currently run the top gun and R42. Keep them as light as possible they will handle better. My .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I see your layout? I was thinking 12s with a 56mm motor

Again, why 12S? I raced a Stryker-41 on 10S2P with a heavy Lehner 3060. It ran well, but weighed about 22 lbs. I sold it and bought an R42, 10S1P with a lightweight Neu 2215. It weighted about 18# and handled great, 7-8 laps left about 25% in the packs. I could have used 8S2P for the same speed, but with more weight and cost.

If you want 75-80 mph you will be limited with run time the fewer cells you run. The hulls you mentioned are not that stable at 80 mph but can do it. If you want real speed one of the narrow cats would be better, they trap less air and turning is not an issue for speed runs. Your choice.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

It depends on the rules where you reside, 12s is fine here there are offshore race classes and SAWs classes for it and is covered by the usual MPBA insurance, but if I lived in USA where there is no 12s legal racing, and my insurance wouldn't cover me for sport boating on over 10s, there is no way I would have gone for 12s.

12s does have its advantages if it is practical in your area. I went 12s for my petrol size boat because it is lighter and cheaper than 8s2p, it also draws less amps for the same power so I can still use the 6mm connectors I have standardised on for my full size boats, there are less wiring losses for a slight efficiency gain, and charging is easier, as 8s packs are so much less available than 6s or 4s it is likely that I would have 4x packs for 8s2p, but I only need 2x packs for 12s1p.

Having said that, back when I bought the parts for it LV ESCs only went to 6s and now some go to 8s, so you would have needed to spend a lot more on a high current HV ESC, as well as the extra cells and connectors. Nowadays if you use one of the high current 8s capable LV ESCs it won't cost nearly as much more for 8s2p than 12s1p.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Hear is a video of my Striker 41 on 10S2P 2230 Neu 1y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsVp7WTfEA

I will post some pictures next week.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

RandyatBBY looks good. 12s because of my current batteries... my thought is high voltage, big torquey motor and a good prop that will push boat mid 70?s to 80. With decent battery life. This is a sport boat not a race boat

Quote Originally Posted by f252br View Post
    RandyatBBY looks good. 12s because of my current batteries... my thought is high voltage, big torquey motor and a good prop that will push boat mid 70?s to 80. With decent battery life. This is a sport boat not a race boat
    sure sounds like fun!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing