Thread: Hydroplane build dimensions around 3670 BLDC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Hydroplane build dimensions around 3670 BLDC

Hi y'all,

First post here .. (please let me know if there's something wrong)

I have a 3670 inrunner 2150Kv and a 60A ESC that's been lying around for some time, and I'm considering an hydroplane build around it .. (Just in case it matters, I live in france so I don't mean to race the boat in any category, this will be a pure hobby/fun build).

Since I have access to a big 3d printer my plan is to print the boat thin and glass/epoxy it to make it watertight before painting.

So far I have a base design for the boat, basically a kind of brain dump after having watched countless hydroplane pictures for a while, not intended to match any particular historic boat :

BackV2.PNG

FrontV2.PNG

SideV2.jpg

BottomV2.jpg TopV2.jpg

I'm very new to RC boats and BLDCs so I could use some help, especially with the boat dimensioning size, weight, propeller, lipos etc..

I'd like to design the powertrain in order to push a 1/10 or 1/8 scale boat if that's feasible, would you be kind enough to help solving the equation ?

If possible :
    1/8 hull ~31" [GROSS WEIGHT ?] >> [LIPO 4/6/8s ?] >> [BLDC 3670/2150Kv] >> [PROP Diam/Pitch ?]

If more realistic :
    1/10 hull ~27" [GROSS WEIGHT ?] >> [LIPO 4/6/8s ?] >> [BLDC 3670/2150Kv] >> [PROP Diam/Pitch ?]

I'm assuming 1/10 to 1/8 to be OK with the motor but feel free to suggest any size weight combo variation that would work (make the boat fun to sail) ...

I'm also welcoming any constructive criticism about the hull / boat design

Thanks for any input ...

Lorenzo.
    Last edited by oxomoxo; 10-02-2019 at 10:57 AM.