Thread: Kyosho Jet Stream 800 with Titan 1585 14 volt Marine 550 Motor Config Help

Default Kyosho Jet Stream 800 with Titan 1585 14 volt Marine 550 Motor Config Help

Hello all. Dusting off my old Kyosho Jet Stream 800 that I built many years ago. Back in the day, I played around with dual motors, etc. It is currently configured with an old Jett Jes 600 Navy water cooled ESC and a single Titan 1585 14 Volt Marine 550 24 turn motor with geared drive that is set up with dual 6 cell batteries for 14.4 volts. I probably ran this once a long time ago like this and don't remember how it performed. So here's the question. Any input on if this motor can be run by itself with the current configuration or should this be a dual motor setup? All input appreciated. Just getting back into this and researching the impact of number of turns vs. battery power, etc. Might go brushless at some point, but what the heck, want to try what I have. Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you back with the hobby!

A few pics will help us help you, we love to see what you are working with.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Welcome to the forum and glad to have you back with the hobby!

A few pics will help us help you, we love to see what you are working with.
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I tried uploading a picture, but it keeps failing. Wonder if I have to have a certain number of posts before being able to add pictures.