Thread: Naviga FE World Championships 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Naviga FE World Championships 2019

Hi,

We had the last FE Naviga World Championships in Italy on 01-10.08.2019.

You can see some pictures about here:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/EuU8UYan2y9t23xC7

It's very important in 2020. we can run in all FE categories only with Limiter Electronics.

Mini Eco, Mini Mono, Mini Hydro with 21 Wh

Mono-1, Hydro-1, Eco Expert with 60 Wh

Mono-2, Hydro-2 with 120 Wh

FSR-E with 180 Wh

The Mono-2 is similar with P-Mono category but the running time is here 6 Min with 120 Wh (about 5400 mAh from your bigger LiPo)

Thanks
    I like the dolphins

Hi,

Here is my Mini Mono with the mlm Limiter in the inside of the boat.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like the dolphins

Limiters are still optional for the mini classes, and it is just as well, I'm jealous of the room you have in your Mini Mono, I can barely fit a MLM limiter in my mini hydro with shortened wires and 3.5mm connectors, I think if they pick any other limiter/connector combination for the hat system I will have to run a limiter for local races and buy underweight batteries for Naviga races.
    Mark-Shipman-L3-mini-mono.jpg
    You might be interested in this Mini Mono, it is barely recognisable now as it has been cut and shut so much, but it started off as one of your Joker Eco boats and runs beautifully as a stepped mini mono. It is pictured here running at a UK SAWs event but it is great on the oval too.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Limiters are still optional for the mini classes, and it is just as well, I'm jealous of the room you have in your Mini Mono, I can barely fit a MLM limiter in my mini hydro with shortened wires and 3.5mm connectors, I think if they pick any other limiter/connector combination for the hat system I will have to run a limiter for local races and buy underweight batteries for Naviga races.
    Mark-Shipman-L3-mini-mono.jpg
    You might be interested in this Mini Mono, it is barely recognisable now as it has been cut and shut so much, but it started off as one of your Joker Eco boats and runs beautifully as a stepped mini mono. It is pictured here running at a UK SAWs event but it is great on the oval too.
    Why do you need a limiter?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Naviga doesn't race anything we race in IMPBA or NAMBA.
    Noisy person

It's just information from Future

Yes with minis the limiter is still optional but it will come as well because it does't matter if you take with you 115g 1900mAh 20C or 175g 2200mAh 80C + 27g limiter. (at the top of this category you fight for every gramme in the build)

At the moment it's easier and thought for beginners.

I love your mini mono design It reminds me of some grotesque Englander cars at Goodwood

Thanks
    I like the dolphins

Not my design, just my photo. Design credit goes to you and James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Design credit goes to you and James Bond.
    That's now the deep american style again, from you Paul
    I like the dolphins

Where can a guy go check out the limiter?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    http://www.mlmsolutions.biz/elim.php
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by dethow View Post
    Good information. The price is 75 pounds sterling or $92.15 at todays exchange rate. I did not see a larger unit listed as this one is for 100 amps. One year warranty.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Hi Doug,

This info to read from Naviga homepage:

(It's from Walter Geens Section leader)

Time for some figures in regard to the last WC:
    In total 248 people participated with 518 boats registered (not including the Team boats). In total 171 limiters were registered, divided into 76 eLim, 72 KLW, 17 MDLE-4 and 6 TSS limiters. 171 registered limiters were registered to 89 individuals (several people have more than 1 limiter in use) but also knowing that I made about 70 class changes for people who use the limiter in more than 1 class, and 79 boats of the 518 registered boats do not use a limiter (F1 and F3 classes) then the conclusion is that for the first highest-level competition almost half the boats (even slightly more than half) were equipped with a limiter. Hence off course the decision to go that way only in the future. A massive thanks to all who showed the trust and vision to go that route!
    Not a single case of ‘trying to cheat the system’ took place, all seals were intact at all times, and all values remained correct at all times. Now off course comes the time to fine-tune the check-up system so that by the next big event the procedure of checking and sealing becomes a routine, and rules out any form of cheating to give everybody the same fighting chance!

Walter
    I like the dolphins

All the racing we use limiters for is either racing for 6 minutes on 1p or 15 minutes on 2p so 100A is plenty, and any higher would be adding unnecessary size and weight, which is a big deal to us, as with limited power the boat's efficiency is very important.

Steve Neu and SM Modelbau make Power and energy limiters capable of higher amp draws for F5D pylon racers and F5B glider racers, that would be much more suitable for NAMBA/IMBRA/AMPBA sprint racing.

Joseph, there's nothing American about me or Jim, we are both from the south of England.

Hi,

Here is a movie about Eco Expert Finale
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Lc...ature=youtu.be

You can hesitate about, it's a technical sport to produce adrenaline or just toys for big boys.

(I mean after my experience that the water was clear, difficult and hard for all)
    I like the dolphins

YOU can watch HERE also two reportage about this World Championship

I like the dolphins

Hi Caterpillar, That's very simple: finally, all you have the exactly same energy level to could run until 6 Min (at FSR-E class 15 Min).

1 pcs pack is enough for 3 seasons
    Last edited by PiroSteel; 02-19-2020 at 05:03 AM.
    I like the dolphins

Of course, it can be more simple still without limiter in the MINI classes for beginners and juniors

I like the dolphins