Thread: Savox 1210sg help

Default Savox 1210sg help

I just bought a Savox 1210sg for my Veles 29, but it only came with an assortment of plastic arms, none of which are the correct size to replace the Spectrum S603 that is in the boat now. The arm on the Spectrum won?t fit the Savox either. I want to put an aluminum arm on it, but I don?t know the correct size to get. I have a 25T arm, but the mounting holes are too tall. Does anybody know what the correct mm I need to get? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmo007 View Post
    I just bought a Savox 1210sg for my Veles 29, but it only came with an assortment of plastic arms, none of which are the correct size to replace the Spectrum S603 that is in the boat now. The arm on the Spectrum won?t fit the Savox either. I want to put an aluminum arm on it, but I don?t know the correct size to get. I have a 25T arm, but the mounting holes are too tall. Does anybody know what the correct mm I need to get? Thanks!
    So what do you mean by : but the mounting holes are too tall. ?

Too far out on the arm maybe, giving too much throw at the rudder?

If you can move it out further on the rudder arm to compensate that is a good thing, the longer the arms are, the smaller the percentage of total movement you get that is caused by the slop in the ball links or clevises (or whatever connections you use).

If you have a short rudder horn and can't compensate, you can drill a new hole in an alloy servo arm furthe in than the pre-drilled one/s.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.