Thread: Boat keeps shutting down LVC?

Default Boat keeps shutting down LVC?

UL 19 right from when the boat takes off it dies after about 15 seconds. Wait for about 10 seconds and she's off and running again but then dies after about another 15 seconds. I bought another Dynamite 120 amp ESC and ran it today and the same thing. I am using 2 2s giant power 6000mah 70-140c batteries. Do you think I should turn the lvc down to 3 amps? Don't want to ruin the batteries.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Turn off lvc and check your voltage after each minute to learn how long you can run wo hurting packs.
    Shouldn’t draw down below 3.5v per cell under load, they should come back to 3.7 when they recover.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Jesse, thank you for that advice I will try it out tomorrow. Have you ever heard of anybody else having the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
    Jesse, thank you for that advice I will try it out tomorrow. Have you ever heard of anybody else having the same problem?
    many of us .......turn it off and time your runs

Post pic of wiring.

lvc=batteries run down to low.

When I ran the Dynamite 120A ESC's in my Zelos 36, I had to lower the LVC to 3.2V to prevent my upgraded props from prematurely tripping the LVC circuit very early in the run, on high quality Revo packs. I timed the runs on that boat and almost always brought it back with the cells at 3.8V. It was an LVC sensativity issue, not a battery problem, in my case anyway. I would follow the advice the others have already given.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

120 amp esc is abit low for running on 4s , also is the pro the right size and not overloading the esc ?

Quote Originally Posted by rol243 View Post
    120 amp esc is abit low for running on 4s , also is the pro the right size and not overloading the esc ?
    Not if he's still running the stock motor. That boat can run on 4S all day long
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for all your advice the boat is totally stock motor and prop. I'm just wondering if it's something to do with the motor causing it to trip there ESC? I know it's not the ESC cuz I put a brand new one in and it does the exact same thing.

Thanks for all your advice the boat is totally stock motor and prop. I'm just wondering if it's something to do with the motor causing it to trip there ESC? I know it's not the ESC cuz I put a brand new one in and it does the exact same thing.
    did you install the same brand ESC to test your theory?

unless you installed a different type ESC to test your theory, that doesnt exclude the ESC there is a batch of seaking ESC 's that most all of us have the SAME issues as you and had to disable them , even if you did use a different brand ESC that doesnt exclude the LVC killing your buzz .....I have a turnigy and 2 seakings that do the same thing, till I turned them off

did you program the ESC to turn off the LVC as recommended?

Yes there has been cut out issues with new turnigy esc,s , can not be fixed . some have been lucky to just turn off the low voltage cut off but if this fails then the esc is no good.

Did you program the new ESC for the proper timing and LVC settings or did you just install it straight from the box? If you haven't programmed it, I'd suggest picking up the program card, which is inexpensive, and makes the task very simple.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I do have a program card and the only thing that I changed was the reverse I took the reverse off. Everything else I left Factory settings. I plan on running it tomorrow with lvc turned off. Will run it for 2 minutes and check voltage to make sure batteries aren't drained too low.

Not sure what the default setting is for timing on a new ESC, but I would confirm that it's set to 7.5* which is what the 3831 motor requires.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have a outrunner which can run on 2s-4s and was monking around with 2s . Now after running with 2s, the motor would stop after 5 seconds. I tried others escs and got the same result . I hooked up 3s and all was fine and all the escs were fine. Many years ago I had a ADS which ran poorly on 2s and went to 3s and all was fine. Who knows! ? tho, do outrunners run best on 22-30 timing?

Norwest.
    Did you change the cell count setting in the ESC to 2s?
    If not, the ESC would expect to be seeing a 3s voltage , but is only seeing 2s voltage & would be shutting down on low voltage under load.

I have it set 4s. Because I am using 2 2s batteries. Should I set it for 2s?

if you have wired up the 2 x 2s packs in series to form a 4s pack in voltage you set the esc to read a 4s pack but if you wired up the 2 x 2s packs in parrallel to form a 2s pack then you would set the esc to read a 2s battery pack.

I have two wires coming off of the ESC. I have 1 battery hooked up to one wire coming from the ESC and the other battery hooked up to the other wire from the ESC.

Assuming that the packs are wired together with their remaining wires, the OP has 4S. The factory default timing on the 120a ESC is 7.5*, although I run that motor (in different boats) at 10*-15* without issues. As with any Y motor, the required timing depends on the amp draw.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

so the red esc wire goes to red wire on pack 1 and the black esc wire goes to black wire on pack 2, you have then joined the remaining 2 x plus and minus wires on packs together to form series. of 4s total. ? thats good. now set the esc to read a 4s battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Assuming that the packs are wired together with their remaining wires, the OP has 4S. The factory default timing on the 120a ESC is 7.5*, although I run that motor (in different boats) at 10*-15* without issues. As with any Y motor, the required timing depends on the amp draw.

Fluid, I was under the impression the DYNM3831 (stock Veles) was a D wind motor...
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Fluid, I was under the impression the DYNM3831 (stock Veles) was a D wind motor...
    The Dynamite 3831 is a D wind motor.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I have it set 4s. Because I am using 2 2s batteries. Should I set it for 2s?
    Sorry mate.
    When I read your first post I misread it, thinking that you were running only 2s. I need new glasses.

just had my 180 esc shut down after a 5 secound motor boost as i am setting up a new 6s cat. sure enough theres nothing wrong with the esc or anything else , just me. i have the esc programmed to run on 6s and i only plugged in 1 x 3s pack , this definetly shows that if you set your esc battery power to a certain voltage and that voltage isn,t met the esc will shut down . good test even though i didn,t mean for this.

Ok, I found out my motor was the problem as I tried another motor and worked fine. Original motor works fine on 3S! My escs don't have individual 2S and etc but read all for timing.

I turned off the lvc to no protection. The boat still died after about 15 seconds and then would start back up again and then died again. My Flex cable is aligned perfect with the motor I have a 3 mm Gap between the strut and the drive dog. Do you think the motor could be causing the problem? I did a range check with the radio and it seems fine.

if its not the esc then its either the motor at fault or your prop is over loading the esc causing it to shut down. try a small prop and if still the same then its the motor.

The other esc related thing could be thermal protection kicking in. Agreed, try other props.
    I’m having trouble imagining how it would be solely the motor... most likely motor-esc interaction
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet