Thread: prop issues... is this prop shaped right?

Default prop issues... is this prop shaped right?

so, back in july i got this prop from Zippkits HERE for my Dumas DV60, thinking it would be better suited to the weedeater motor power.... i was running a generic aluminium x678 i picked up off ebay, but didnt get the rpm i thought i should be getting... i put the Zipp prop on after lightly sharpening and a basic balace, and the thing cavitates like mad... with the x678, the boat popped out of the hole like a bobber held underwater and released... is it me or does this prop look like the leading edge is too cupped, almost to the point of coming back in? the x678 does not look this way at all....*!**it slopes down the whole way out to the leading tip.

for reference, this is the stock photo from Zippkits...

4012.JPG

few more pics, side by side so you can see what i mean... the 3 blade seems to scoop way more back to flat than the 2 blade

they are all copies of the prop shop 7015/3 which is like a 26 size sport prop good threw out the motor range friendly to run but when TFL copies it,,,it shrinks in size buy prop shop all copied props will never be as good and fast as the original !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    they are all copies of the prop shop 7015/3 which is like a 26 size sport prop good threw out the motor range friendly to run but when TFL copies it,,,it shrinks in size buy prop shop all copied props will never be as good and fast as the original !!!
    i didnt know that it was a copy of a prop... i assumed that Zipp would possibly have thier own line... as for the 678/2 it worked great, but didnt rev out the time i ran it... may have been a tuning issue though, as the carb was no good i came to find out after the maiden voyage.. well.... 5 min into the maiden voyage...LOL i am gonna try the 678 again, since it seemed to bite good, now that my carb issues are straightened out...

As far as i am aware most Zipp props are Chinese sourced apart from some of the Prather props they offer.