Thread: Brandon Florida FE race 11-24-19

Default Brandon Florida FE race 11-24-19

https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/rcrev.pl

The date is set for the one day fall-winter race. Nov24-19 that is the Sunday before Thanksgiving, We are adding a couple classes with interest locally. Limited/Offshore, P Jersey Skiff, and Q/limited.
    Jersey will be 4S (P) with a 40X74 single motor limit. Sarasota has 4 racers that want to come and if we can find more boats they will be built.
    Q/limited is a new local class we see growing fast. Single motor 40X74 max on 4-6S Mono, Cat or Outboard Tunnels combined. No length limit. (this would be a killer Zip33 combo down the line)
    Here is the logic: The next step above P/ltd is full P or Q which can get very expensive to keep up with competition. A limited Q keeps motor and ESC cost in line with P/ltd. 6 cell bring the amps way down and you can actually use a Raider/Flycolor 150. Add an $80 Leopard 1400kv and your into the mid 50's.
    The next benefit is Sonicwaves, Spartans, Pursuits, and Genesis fit in well. Anyone know someone with one of those?
    I tested a Leopard 40X74 with a datalogger on a 37" mono and saw 56mph and 140 amp max draw. In the range of a 150 and surely a T-180 would be bulletproof.
    You can sign up now on PP or mail in. Hope we see you in Nov. 2 Day race in early March 2020 is in the works too.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

I'm in!

So far the west coast boys are signing up. Crickets from the rest of the state.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Did a test run on the old reliable M&M's Avenger in Q-Ltd trim. Handled great in the gale force winds this past Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x0Hv3miWUU

[B]RACE UPDATE!!![B[[B]
    We have had interest in running a P/ltd hydro class and it seems there are enough numbers to run both P and P/ltd. We have changed the sign up on RCRacing events so if you have already registered do the second one and misspell your name. We can also do the split at the drivers meeting and accommodate the two separate classes.
    Also note O/ltd and P Jersey Skiff motor will allow a maximum measurement of 40.99mm X 75.99mm. This will allow manufacturing tolerances for some inexpensive motors. Affected drivers have been notified.
    Mic
    Last edited by HTVboats; 11-11-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

The field is set and we have 14 heats in a round. Offshore did not make it but good news is hydro has 7 full "P" and 6 P/Limited entries. Drivers meeting at 7:30 AM and we will discuss time for a 4th championship round. Bear in mind days are shorter and we need to be finished and awards done by 5PM. The club has to have the equipment and retrieve boat in the shed before dark which is about 6PM these days. Weather looks good with a chance of showers in the AM. Wind will not affect the course and temps in the mid 70's
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Great turnout, perfect weather low 70's and sunshine. Wind across the pond and calm seas. Some very close racing with 60 plus boats and 26 drivers.
    Scores at https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-b...e&club=Brandon Model Boaters&event=flfewt Go to race results then Brandon Model Boaters

In the 3 largest classes that were multiple heats we ran a 4th heat with the top 6 scores after 3 heats. A chance to line up with the best in class you may not have faced in a random heat scramble. Top 3 in Limited mono and cat stayed the same and P/cat-mono #2 moved up to #1.
    Looking forward to the March 2 day FE race. More classes and more boats.
    Mic
    Last edited by HTVboats; 11-25-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

A big thank you to Mic, Jeff and the Brandon club. A great race!

I didn?t get a chance to post last night but I also wanted to thank mic and the Brandon club for hosting this race. This was my sons first race and we had a great time. The best part was that everyone was excited and complimentary of my son and how well he did with his driving.

To quote "Yoda" "there is another". Cameron Westbrook Jeff's son ran his first race in P/Ltd tunnel this weekend. Jeff told me he was just going to start last and follow the pack to get some experience. Well that didn't last long as he was comfortable in traffic and started passing boats and took 2nd in the first heat. ran 3rd in the next and turned over on a bouy in the 3rd. He made the podium in 3rd and could have made 2nd. Not a big deal for a new racer but bear in mind Cameron is just SIX years old!!! Congrats Cam the Hammer.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Cameron was smiling from ear to ear when I read him hour comments mic. Thank you for the compliments. Cant wait to get him on the course some more so he can get better