Thread: Noobie Setup Help???

Angry Noobie Setup Help???

I have a 51" Central Marine Victory Cat, I am running a TP 5680 800Kv 4Y, Swordfish 300x+, Giant Power Kitty sticks (6000Mah 6s 70c-140c) x2 for 12s. 1/4 flex drive twin water pickup rudder. I have been using Andy Brown Octura X455, X457 and X460 props but seem to feel that temps are too high for that setup, I also live in Texas and surface water temps are high unless I run in the mornings. I have a Kingkong (HiFei) wifi dongle installed for watching temps, amps, and volts on esc and temps are 54c to 59c on a 2 second run. Wide open straight runs turn and repeat. I am not looking for insane speed just efficient longer fun runs. My question is, should I try X445, X447 and X450 instead of the sizes I have been running? Anyone have some input on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wedgewalker; 09-07-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Yes, if your getting high temps and your run times are not too over done in duration , you need to go down in prop sizes and test from there. 300 amp esc is fine just time your runs and dont keep on running for too long plus start off with a smaller size prop /s and go up from there. its all test and try to find the perfect match. start with 447.

Thanks rol343! Is there a benefit to a three blade over a two?

Yes and No. some hulls prefere a 3 blade and others a 2 blade so its again , test and see. 3 blades will draw more amps from your esc/ batteries if there not the correct sizes just the same as a 2 blade will do this also. 3 blade props are good for oval racing mainly for better accelleration out of the corners. sorry i thought you were running a twin set up., test some props going up in sizes from a x450 . i can,t advise much more as we dont run those size motors in out race class over here , 40 mm not 56 mm.

Sorry for missing info, yes this is a single setup on this cat.