Thread: 55" C1 Cat twin FE build

Default 55" C1 Cat twin FE build

I bought a 1.4m off shore cat hull that came with a 26cc gas engine. I have decided after cracking 2 oem pipes at the bend and a 3rd pipe leaking water on the o-rings i cant seem to stop, mixed with the odd stall, messy fuel oil inside of boat, car stinking off fuel, mixing fuel, dangerous idle without a clutch and the noise annoying people where i like to run it, ive had enough and started my FR conversion. As i still a noob any advice would be apprecited.

https://imgur.com/EzmfLiJ

Make sure you clean the oil and gas from within the hull, I?ve used Simple Green for this.

I have a pal whom did the King of Shaves with twin TP 4060?s
    Last edited by srislash; 09-11-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks for the tip to remove the oil and gas, will do. I've gone 1/4" counter flex cables with 140mm outdrives to get the props to clear the rear overhang transom. motors are twin leopard 4074 1800kv , ill be running 6s with 2x 150amp ESC's. I hope to cut down some large (gas) 4 blade brass counter props ive bought cheap, otherwise will be hoping to drill out some 3/16 props.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Thanks for the tip to remove the oil and gas, will do. I've gone 1/4" counter flex cables with 140mm outdrives to get the props to clear the rear overhang transom. motors are twin leopard 4074 1800kv , ill be running 6s with 2x 150amp ESC's. I hope to cut down some large (gas) 4 blade brass counter props ive bought cheap, otherwise will be hoping to drill out some 3/16 props.
    You could go with some stepped down 1/4” cables then just run 3/16 props. https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...ose-cable-1290 Just run 1/4” drive dog as opposed to 3/16”. This keeps the shaft from breaking at the step down
    I think we put some 648/2?s on my friends and it went well. 447?s would be a safe start but will likely run 450?s well. Try to stay with two blade props and do not try to drill out 3/16 ones, It is impossible to keep a straight line. 4 blade props will draw twice the amps

Shawn

Actually that is a reasonably HOT setup with 1800kv an 6s so be careful and check temperature often.

This is a big cat 1,40m. 2 x 8S with 1200kv motors is a minimum setup imho ... Did you buy motors and escs ?