I bought this hull from OSE some time ago, but recently found the mojo to build it up.

The fibreglass hull is fantastic, strong and solid especially when compared to other cheap hulls. However as is the norm, I've inlayed carbon fibre along the seams and over the tunnel.

In the transom area there is thick (roughly 5mm) hard foam to strengthen this area, but I made an extra transom piece from 0.5mm carbon fibre plate to give something solid for the rear hardware to screw up to. This was glued using West 105+206 with milled fibreglass to thicken the mixture and clamped in place to ensure a solid bond to the transom. Resin and chopped carbon fibre was also added to the tips and the centre on the tunnel.

I used 2-part polyurethane foam to fill in the bow area, however I have used to much as it came all the way up to the hatch opening. While making the bow incredibly strong, this foam is surprisingly heavy and has upset the weight distribution. After much deliberation I've decided to carve much of it out with a Dremel, hopefully it will come out without much hassle.

Also I blueprinted the ride pads making them flat, lots of sanding and a bit of bondo. Then primer and yellow paint to seal it in.

20190822_163442_resized_1.jpg

20190822_163448_resized_1.jpg

20190901_225818_resized.jpg

20190831_212643_resized_1.jpg