Thread: Programming Seaking 180 V3 help

Default Programming Seaking 180 V3 help

So I've installed a new HW Seaking 180 V3 in P sport hydro and am trying to program with program box. Plugged ESC directly to RX to set throttle range with no issue. Verified correct motor rotation as well but after numerous attempts to plug in program box to change a couple of the default settings, all it will do is beep single beeps and blink the red LED. The program box just has the lines in the readout instead of numbers, anybody have any suggestions here?
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

I don't have that setup in front of me at the moment, but its either a backwards servo cable plugged in to the programmer (flip it 180) or the wrong port on the programmer (assuming it has more than one. All of my ESC troubleshooting tends to blend together over time in my head, but I know that's one I see on a regular basis and its an easy wire related fix.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Definitely not a connection issue, rechecked all of it multiple times, kinda OCD on stuff like that.

(Older V1) If I power the ESC first then connect the box I get horizontal lines only. When I connect the box first then power with a battery to the ESC I get horizontal lines that change to program numbers shortly after.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Don just to make sure, you are using the jumper wire that came with the programmer and not plugging the esc rx wire into the program box?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Don just to make sure, you are using the jumper wire that came with the programmer and not plugging the esc rx wire into the program box?
    Yup! I did get it to work. The packs were in storage charge so I thought what the heck, let's fully charge and see what's up. Did that and it programmed which is weird as I just did the same thing on a different 180V3 in a mono last week, programmed just fine on the storage charge.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Steven

I am having the same problem with a SK 120A V3 - I connect everything and the ESC blinks red and I get horizontal lines on the box.

I think its because I am connecting the ESC rx cable into the programming box. I have the jumper cable that came with the programmer - where do I connect that to the ESC

Thanks
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by MArtinB View Post
    Steven

I am having the same problem with a SK 120A V3 - I connect everything and the ESC blinks red and I get horizontal lines on the box.

I think its because I am connecting the ESC rx cable into the programming box. I have the jumper cable that came with the programmer - where do I connect that to the ESC

Thanks
    Martin
    The jumper is used. not the rx wire. the jumper goes from the 3 gold terminals on the esc to the programmer.
    Steven Vaccaro

Thanks Steven! Thats what I thought -the guys at Hobbywing told me to use the RX wire!

HI Steven

I programmed the ESC finally - thanks! I have a question - I am running a Leopard 4074-b 1050KW motor with a SeaKing 102A V3 ESC with 2 S3 Lipos in parallel. I'm running a 48" scale boat. I'm not having much success and I think its the prop I have as everything else seems to be working. What would you recommend and Ill order it on Monday. It will need to fit a 4m shaft and be right handed.

Thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by MArtinB; 05-31-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MArtinB View Post
    HI Steven

I programmed the ESC finally - thanks! I have a question - I am running a Leopard 4074-b 1050KW motor with a SeaKing 102A V3 ESC with 2 S3 Lipos in parallel. I'm running a 48" scale boat. I'm not having much success and I think its the prop I have as everything else seems to be working. What would you recommend and Ill order it on Monday. It will need to fit a 4m shaft and be right handed.

Thanks
    Martin
    if you shoot me an email with all your setup info I can help me
    info@offshoreelectrics.com

Manufacturer of the hull, model and if possible a web link to the hull in question?
    - Length, width and approximate weight of the hull?
    - Hull style, for example deep vee, mono hull, catamaran, hydroplane or rigger?
    - Motor manufacturer and its specs, KV, diameter and length?
    - Esc manufacturer, voltage and amperage of esc?
    - Batteries you are using, including voltage, MAH, c rating and cell chemistry type?
    - Propeller model and diameter?
    Steven Vaccaro