Thread: Ose 8mm anti spark connectors

Default Ose 8mm anti spark connectors

Anyone solder there on the wires? Do you remove bullets from housing? I've ruined 2 of them from melting housings with bullets inside. Thanks for any and all help. I do know I suck at soldering lol

No, the bullets are not removable. I used a hot iron, about 750*F and tinned the wires and cups separately first. I attached the matching plug to the one I was soldering to act as a heat sink and pinched the connector that matching connector with a needle nose vice grip to take a little more of the heat. I only ran into trouble when I screwed up the polarity on one pack and had to redo the connections. The plastic got a little mushy.

One tip I learned recently was to dunk the entire plug in water to quench the heat. Didn't need to use it on my marathon soldering session, but I will try it out next time.

2019-07-27 16.41.48.jpg 2019-07-27 16.05.37.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

nice batteries, but my big question is where you got that sweet ratcheting vise from?

It's a piece of crap, but serves its purpose on my small bench. Pretty sure I got it at Harbor Freight.

haha ok