Thread: Help Identifying This Boat: Cosmo UFO Tunnel (Hydro)

Default Help Identifying This Boat: Cosmo UFO Tunnel (Hydro)

I found these pictures a while back, but have yet to find any information except for what you see in the pictures. I'm guessing that it was a Japanese model from back in the 2010-2011 era, but any information you can provide would be very helpful.

The main question I have is whether or not the trailing wings touch the water at speed. I would love to see a video of we can find the source or better search terms to find more information.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

No takers? Has anyone seen a similar design?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Hey Ben,
    I saw the same boats on a JMPBA website years ago when looking for pics of the JAE style riggers.
    You would have to find someone in Japan who might know whom built these boats.

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Thanks Tyler. I'll try the JMPBA website to see what I find.

I first saw it on NE-Stuff in 2011. Don’t know when the boat was designed or run, although the site says “relatively new pics”.

I have trouble believing that the rear arms won’t touch the water when at speed, but of course I don’t know. A video would be fun. The design looks like a non-starter to me, especially if it hasn’t caught on in the last eight years....

www.ne-stuff.net/2011/09/japanese-rc-boats-revisited.html

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for