Thread: Help with strut adjustment MG36

Default Help with strut adjustment MG36

Guys, new to the geico 36.. just got it in today. I want to verify strut adjustment. Can someone walk me through this, possibly with some pictures? Appreciate any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry I don't have any pictures . Start with what is in your manual. It says how to set strut height. Also I would suggest searching the Zelos twin 36 threads there a some pics in there and a lot of info. The 2 boats are pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    Sorry I don't have any pictures . Start with what is in your manual. It says how to set strut height. Also I would suggest searching the Zelos twin 36 threads there a some pics in there and a lot of info. The 2 boats are pretty close.
    I read somewhere the geico gets adjusted based on a straight edge from the rear sponson

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    I read somewhere the geico gets adjusted based on a straight edge from the rear sponson
    It says that in the manual that came with your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    It says that in the manual that came with your boat.
    Got it. I’ll have to read the manual more carefully again on the adjustment. I knew it was different than the Zelos twin that I had previously, just wasn’t making sense to me. Seems the struts would have a pretty hard downward angle from the transom.