Thread: what the heck

Default what the heck

Here's the deal,

Zonda twin carbon 41", 180a seaking ESC's, sss 3674 motors, duel water cooling, dashbota's 1716 props

First run on 8s (4s per side, 5000Mah 50c) ran great, no problem no blow over's, 6 saw runs (no gps) checked temp's and was cold to touch (motors, esc, batteries, connectors.

Ran 12s (6s per side, 5000Mah 50c) did 5 saw runs (last run flipped boat on turn, but, right side up, yea) brought it to dock (friend showed up with temp guage and did on temps, asap) one motor 113, other 112, battery connectors 90, batteries 80, esc's 90.

Boat ran great, maybe 2 to 3 inches of stern touching water (no blow over's on either 4s or the 6s)

On reading thru the forums, I'm read that i am at the limit (motors, esc, props) and things should be burning (hot). I just don't understand.

After the last run (12s, (6s per motor)) I thought I would at least burn my fingers (touching the esc, motors, batteries, connectors)
    Could the temp gauge was out of wack? But, I could hold my fingers to all of the components.

Wish my friend was there to video it the time I was running it (showed up at the last run, and had his temp Gage with him)

John

Saw passes are short not long enough time to build heat.
    If you was running laps then you might realize a big difference.
    The temperature of the water you are sailing in will make a big difference too. Cold water will keep the temperature down.

John, just want you to know that you're not running 12S. You're running 6S. You don't combine the voltage. You get 12S if you run them in series. So just to be clear you're running 6S per side and it's a 6S boat. . .NOT A 12S BOAT. . .don't want to get the newbies the wrong impression and run theirs on 12S and PUFF WHITE SMOKE and possible FIRE!!!