Thread: OSE Leopard combo

Default OSE Leopard combo

Hi. Can I run the OSE Leopard 4074 2200kv motor and 180 ESC combo on 6S for my Pursuit? Not racing. Just speed runs on the pond. Will be using Octura M445 prop.

Thanks

Should be fine. Just watch temps .

Thanks Revolt Flash. OSE recommended the 2000kv combo so that’s what I picked up along with the prop, 40mm motor mount, and some grease. Honesty, I probably could have picked up the components slightly cheaper from different stores online, but wanted to support the OSE store and the cause.

Can’t wait. I’m a helicopter guy but have always had so much fun running the boats at the lake.

Thanks again and please inform me of any tips for the Pursuit. Its my first FG boat.

I was big time into boats and still have quite a few. I started flying heli's late last year and it has taken over. Fun stuff! Enjoy your Pursuit good boat once dialed in. Boats can get pretty hot fast if not setup properly run for 45sec. to 1min bring it in and check temps also see how much battery you have consumed and go from there.

Thanks for the tip jim82!

While a 2200Kv motor on 6S does make speed it also limits your prop selection to a narrow band and smaller diameters. Bear in mind also your shaft speeds are much higher creating more friction and loss of useable power. I like 6S on a 40X74 motor but with KV's between 1400 and 1700. To carry weight efficiently every hull needs X amount of blade area to propel it. Better to have a wider prop selection where you can try more pitch and diameter to attain your speed goals.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Thanks Mic. I already purchased the 2000kv but will definitely leave the option open to go lower kv. OSE recommended the 1650 as a great overall motor and the 2000 for what I was wanting to do.

Great info on the prop size trade off.

You could also run 4s and 5s for sporting and 6s for some saw passes. Just do some playing around with different props