Thread: Max Motor Loaded RPM?

Question Max Motor Loaded RPM?

Anyone know what a very top range motor RPM would be in a catamaran racing setup? I know OSE recommends about 35,000 but not sure if anyone runs higher than that or that is typically the highest you ever want to run. I know some Lehner motors are rated for up to 85,000 RPM (WTFFFFFF) but not sure if anyone actually runs them that high. The setup I was considering is between 37k-42.7K. Thanks!

Should also clearify, Would be running 12s 5000maH per motor (TP-5680 1070 or 800kV) with ZTW seal 300A each 1.9P 53mm 3-blade prop on 1/4" drive shaft

What hull? The TP 5680 doesn't like 40K+ and it really sucks the current making big power. More of a lower RPM 72" cat motor than high RPM SAW 1.35-1.45M SAW cat motor. SAW cats will certainly run 40-50k but its hard on equipment. The SSS 5694 is more durable at those RPMs and provides plenty of power.

Plus, that is probably not enough prop for the torque those large motors produce, unless you are running excessive rpm. A larger thrust cone will work better for most uses. A lot depends on the use - short SAW runs or oval racing.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for