Thread: Prop choices for Gizmo-Motors GZ-4 Zenoah

Default Prop choices for Gizmo-Motors GZ-4 Zenoah

Hello guys, I'm new to the OSE forums and hope I could gain some insight from you guys. So, I recently have been working on assembling and setting up a near mint Dumas Scarab 45" V hull boat. The goals in mind for it is sort of a resto-mod with modern internals and running hardware but with vintage 80's paint scheme. Anyway, I have a new Gizmo-motors GZ-4 Zenoah engine that i have just broken in with 2 tanks of fuel through it and wanted some second opinions on prop choices for it. It currently has a Prather 275 sharpened and balanced prop, but after the last run I'm wondering it if may be too much prop for it? The hull is running perfectly stable in the water, but it seemed like it might need to rev out higher than what it was with it. Possibly an Octura x470 or something on those lines? Any help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

go down to the 270, or try a 3 blade which I prefer on monos around 2614/3 ABC prop

i was gonna say, start around a 1.4p 70mm and see what the motor likes... i started off too large on my dumas DV-60, with a 1.6 78mm....LOL but i have a low revving torquey 4 stroke weed eater motor, so yeah.... i just dropped to a 1.4p 72mm 3 blade, but havent gotten to run it yet...

heres the first run on the over-prop