Thread: Miss Geico 29 v1 or v2?

Default Miss Geico 29 v1 or v2?

So after dipping my toes in to the FE world with the exceed flowmaster cat, I was fortunate to score a Miss geico hull for a decent price that came with a Great planes 3688 motor, hitec waterproof servo, seaking 180v2 and some other goodies. Stripped all the wood out, added 2 layers of carbon to the tunnel and sponson floors, as well as the front tunnel seam. then epoxied the seams and carbon/epoxied the tips and transom. Also added a layer of fiberglass around the canopy and carbon fibered the canopy itself.
    tried the GP ammo motor and was less than pleased with the results of it as well as its size. Currently running a turnigy 3674 1650kv, seaking 180a v2, with a tamiya expec ttu-07 transmitter and tru-07 receiver (rebranded futaba r203gf.) Running a sharpened but probably not too balanced x447/3 and tried a m645 but got alot of prop walk. All powered by two Zeee 5200 60c 3s lipos in series.

Gonna try to upload these pics and vids, but might have to resort to youtube for the videos to get decent quality.

Cant get photos to stay properly rotated ugh lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here she is with the m645 prop, just seemed to wag its tail, didnt feel stable at all. When i first tried the 447/3 i had the strut very negative but moved it down now and the porpoising has definitely diminished. still alot of fine tuning to do but over all im happy with her and its loads more stable than the litte 27 inch exceed cat.

I’ve got a little Exceed Flowmaster as well, when I had a 3 bladed prop it seemed to do the ‘tail wagging’ you describe-going back to a 2 blader resolved that issue. The MG would be more stable as it looks to be a wider hull, that Flowmaster really is a narrow (but scale-looking) hull!