Thread: 2020 Florida FE Champs and 2019 Fall race.

Default 2020 Florida FE Champs and 2019 Fall race.

I have been in contact with several FE clubs and with The Brandon Model Boaters to work on tentative race dates for a one day fall race and the 2020 FL FE Champs.
    The fall race is penciled in for Sunday Nov24th (before Thanksgiving) and will be a one day race with possibly open water on Saturday.
    The 2020 FE Champs will be expanded to a 2 Day event. With no D-3 conflicts we are looking at Saturday Feb 29th-Sunday March 1st. Friday 28th open water. Again we will follow up with confirmation in a timely manner.
    Classes to be run: D-3 regular classes are P/limited Mono, P/limited Cat. P Hydro, P Cat-Mono combined. Q Cat-Mono combined. (if numbers support we will run cats and mono's separate) An Open Mono-Cat and Open Hydro will be offered. Other classes in consideration will be Jersey Speed Skiff 40X74 limit on 4S. P/limited Hydro. P/Limited offshore, 8 laps on a longer course. We will also try to promote a Q/limited class- Single motor 40X74 max.,Mono Cat Tunnel with no length limit. 6S max and 4S allowed.
    On request with numbers we will run what you will bring.
    Any feedback or suggestions welcome. let us know here what you might show up with we won't hold you to it as plans can change. Speaking up might gather others though.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Maybe a P sport?

There just aren't that many FE races to go to. If we want there to be FE races we yahoos gotta support each other how ever we can.

I'll talk to some of our guys. Maybe I can talk them into it. I am a pain in the a$$ that way.
    Noisy person

We can surely add P-Sport to the entry form and see if numbers make it. The Brandon site is easily one of the top 5 in the country. Self contained RV's welcome if that helps. Also about an hours drive to Disney if that helps convince the family for a spring vacation with perfect weather.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Will the event be held in Dover, FL?

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Will the event be held in Dover, FL?
    Yes, the Dover facility.

What's the world coming to? I mentioned it to my wife. She said "well, get the details." She has family a couple hours from there.
    Noisy person

Looking forward to the skiff class!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few pics of the Dover Facility.

Dover District Park
    2674 Gallagher Road. Dover, FL 33527

1 Mile Course - 6 Laps
    Turn Radius - Approx. 40 Feet
    Straights - Approx. 310 Feet

2 Dedicated retrieve boats with 6 hp Merc's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RayR; 08-05-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGGY_357 View Post
    Looking forward to the skiff class!
    WoW !! I'd love to come to Fla with my skiff - It's wilting away on the shelf suffering from severe loneliness.

I'm a bit far away 'tho

Jersey Skiff Vance photo.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I'm a bit far away 'tho
    Us too. Ya gotta want it man! haha

Finding a travel victim....er.....buddy I mean helps a lot.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Us too. Ya gotta want it man! haha

Finding a travel victim....er.....buddy I mean helps a lot.
    In bygone days Dan Chase would come down from the Bay Area, spend the night, then we'd haul our fleets to WW in Arizona. Randy did this for a few years too. Good times
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I remember Dan. He quit when LiPo was going to make racing unavailable to average racer guys. He was a hoot in the day though. That guy might be crazier than me. It's close. Call it a draw.
    Noisy person

I am looking forward to the Skiff class. By fall we could have a half dozen active on the west side of Florida. This is a true drivers class that covers for TX inexperience with boats that seem out of control even when they aren't.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Florida in Feb when it's colder than a well diggers butt up here would not suck even a little bit.
    Noisy person

I when there this year with OSE very nice place very organize and definetly going in 2020 and I will like to see many racer down there support FE events and by the way is not too many now.

Mic if there ends up being enough interest in p-limited tunnel I?ll be there to race

Hi Mic I have a question for you definitely your club going to make the FE Champ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis OSE View Post
    Hi Mic I have a question for you definitely your club going to make the FE Champ?
    Luis, yes the 2020 Florida FE Champ race will be happening. Mic will chime in soon, he is kinda busy with the Fall race happening this weekend.

Luis,
    The 2020 FE Champs is waiting on our district to set its high points schedule so we can run on a non conflicting weekend. I am thinking it will be the weekend of Feb 29-Mar 1st or the next weekend Mar7-8. The Brandon site generally hosts the March D-3 High points race also. (Nitro-Gas-FE).
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414