Thread: Hotshot 45 fe build questions

Default Hotshot 45 fe build questions

I have a Dumas hotshot 45, it’s 36” long and 15” wide. I have ran nitro all my life and want to make this an electric setup, I am looking at the hyperformance 7.5 bullet drive lower and need help on what size motor to run and what batteries also to run.
    Thanks

I would guess a 6s set up would work well in a 36" hull. motor an ESC depends on sport or oval race or SAW passes?

The best part is, with an outboard you don't have to be married to nitro or electric. With a little thought an planing, your hull could be convertible, run nitro in the morning, 30 minutes to convert, run electric in the afternoon. My 24" HS Sprint an my 27" BBY hull are set up like this, soon my VS-1 will be set up the same.(in process) I have two Rx boxes for each boat one for elect, one for nitro, using Velcro straps I simply strap in the gear I wish to run, bolt on the appropriate motor an off ya go.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Do yourself a favor and buy a new K&B 45 lower and use the Hyperformance adapter. I have set up several 45 size tunnels on 4S and 6S. A 40X80 something motor is very strong and requires a decent esc. I have a 36" Vision that runs in the low 50's with a cheap 40X74 1400kv motor on 6S. The beauty of the smaller motor on 6 cells is you won't pull big amps. I get by with a Flycolor 150. (Raider) My 60-70mph setups with larger watt motors pull 220+ amps. Also with the torque of an FE a tunnel goes upsidedown very easy. Start out with less power and it will handle much better. That cheap 40X74 will crush most nitro 45 boats.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414