Thread: Toysport Triton Self-righting does not work

Default Toysport Triton Self-righting does not work

I finally assembled my 32" Toysport Triton. It is a very well made boat. It has a flood chamber but self righting is not working. I am running 2 3s 5000 mah batteries and they are mounted against the flood chamber wall. The only thing on the right side is the Seaking 180 esc and receiver. I will move that next.

My question is, this boat has only a tiny hole at the front on the side of the boat and a large opening at the rear. Is that enough for the air to escape. Every other self-righting boat I have has large holes in the upper deck plus the large opening at the rear.

Any suggestions?

I always run the cells and esc against the flood chamber and make sure there are plenty of holes in the top deck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How far away from self righting is it?

*IF* the one tiny hole is in the right place to let all the air out, drilling it full of holes wont make it roll any further, just roll faster to the same point.

Move what you can to sit as low as possible and as left as possible.

Put it in the bath upside down RTR, to see if the hole is in the right place (at the highest point with the chamber full) with your chosen setup. If not, drill a new one at the highest point, you may need a series if you are a long way off self righting, as the highest point will move as it rolls further.

If you cant get it any other way with your chosen setup, you may have to add lead to the outer flood chamber wall.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense that more holes would simply speed up the process.

I left it sit upside down for 5 minutes. It sank the rear of the boat lower in the water to the point the prop was just touching the water's surface. Then it stopped and would not roll over. It spun around like crazy if you advanced the throttle but would not roll. The good thing was with the nicely designed flush hatch taped shut, not a drop of water got inside the boat.

I will start by moving the ESC.

Moving the ESC to the flood chamber wall fixed the problem. It flips right over. Thanks again.

Some throttle pulse will her flip over. Try getting a rocking motion going.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Some throttle pulse will her flip over. Try getting a rocking motion going.
    I was going to say the same thing.. .give it some throttle as the spinning propeller helps achieve that rocking motion. .side to side. Try putting the esc back to its original spot and try giving it some throttle and see if it will rollover. That weight on the esc on the other side might be there to help with the performance of the boat once it's on plane or it might not, but I thought I'd mention it

I have boats that bumping the throttle helps them roll back upright. It did not work on The Triton. As I mentioned, once the flood chamber filled, the propellor was actually touching the water with the hull upside down. Bumping the throttle made the boat spin in circles. Joseph the designer of the boat who is active on these forums confirmed that the ESC must be on the flood chamber wall. Since I only had it mounted with velcro it was easy to move, Self righting works great at this point. Ir rolls over by itself like the Sonicwake albeit a little slower.