Thread: Deltaforce 36" set up and rebuilding questions

Default Deltaforce 36" set up and rebuilding questions

Hi guys, I've got a few questions about my boat, I bought it Almost ready to go, so there fore I've hvae some newbie questions. My current setup is Mgm 35250 with a neu 1527 1250kv, with 8s2p setup Dinogy 65c lipos, and a ouctora 450 2blade prop. When I ran it yesterday who is the first time with this prop, I saw from the esc history that the temperature on the esc was really high, so high the tha shrinking wrap around the esc melted, it was something around 100 Celsius and the current was Clos to 250A at full throttle. So I need som input one whats wrong with this setup, is it the prop that's to big, poor lipos poor water cooling, its water pick up in the rudder, one line to motor and the other motor. Any chance of any help?

That's setup sounds completely reasonable. What was the timing set for in the ESC, or were you using an auto-timing setting? The 1527 is a Y wind motor, so you should be somewhere in the 11-15* range. We're you running the boat at full throttle, or was it mostly partial throttle throttle? The latter can cause an ESC to heat up.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I run that prop on that motor on 6s where it performs well. On 8S it will run very hot if:

- the prop is too large
    - the boat is running very wet
    - the run time is too long
    - too much part throttle is used
    - the timing is set too high
    - the PWM is set too high
    - the pack/ESC wiring is too long and/or the connectors are inadequate

The first thing I suggest is to run a smaller prop, like an x448. Next, time the run and stop at 2 minutes checking the ESC temp. Set the CG at 28-30%. Check the ESC timing and set it at 10*. Get back to us with your results.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

It's mostly run at full throttle, i need to look in to the timing, not shure what it programed to

I need to order som new props to do a new test, what do you mean by cg 28-30%? I'll definitely set the timing to 10, and give it a go with new props, the boet is at my summer cabin, so it's going to be a little while before I'll can try it again, any idea what I should set the pwm at?

Good setup , look at CNC propellers, 445, 447 and 442/3 blades.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/ca...CNC+Propellers

I'll do, whats the difference between them and the octura props?

CNC props are cheaper and are ready to use.

28% - 30% cg is is the balance point of the boat measured from the transom forward ie 36" x 28% = 10" in from the transom & 36" x 30% = 10.8" forward from the transom. This is with everything in the boat & ready to go.