Thread: Whats the best Silicone to use on your new boat to seal EVERYTHING?

Default Whats the best Silicone to use on your new boat to seal everything up?

I have had some issues in the past with my old boat b/c i never sealed it up properly and either did ProBoat. What does everyone use when they get their new boats to seal everything around the hardware?
    I have heard of RTV Silicone but would like to get some vet's opinions on what they use to seal up around your hardware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UpliFT-RC; 07-23-2019 at 07:37 AM.

I use cheap bathroom clear silicone from home depot
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I use .99 store silicone on my raceboats where appearance doesn't matter. Works just fine. On new assemblies for customers where neatness counts I use this :

Seal All 20190719_104053_resized.jpg

It's clear and runny but does the job invisibly if applied carefully
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

@properchopper - How about something like this mate? I know it has to be RTV Silicone.
    DAP 100% RTV Silicone AUTO MARINE SEALANT Waterproof Clear Saltwater 2.8oz 00756
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

What color do you need ?

I want it clear so I just placed an order for this:

https://rcboatbitz.com/product/rtv-silicone-45g-tube/
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

Quote Originally Posted by FLSharkvictim View Post
    @properchopper - How about something like this mate? I know it has to be RTV Silicone.
    DAP 100% RTV Silicone AUTO MARINE SEALANT Waterproof Clear Saltwater 2.8oz 00756
    I once couldn't find SealAll on the shelf at the auto parts store so I bought some high quality windshield silicone sealant and it was very nice - probably same with what you've posted. Actually my current go-to all-around sealant and bonding adhesive is this stuff. It makes SUPER STRONG bonds and 3.7 oz. is around 5 dollars

ShoeGoo 20190722_104705.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I once couldn't find SealAll on the shelf at the auto parts store so I bought some high quality windshield silicone sealant and it was very nice - probably same with what you've posted. Actually my current go-to all-around sealant and bonding adhesive is this stuff. It makes SUPER STRONG bonds and 3.7 oz. is around 5 dollars

ShoeGoo 20190722_104705.jpg
    Yup..!! I second the shoe goo.... works great...!! Reasonably priced....

Default Sealing my new Sonicwake 36" Self-Righting Brushless Deep-V RTR

I ordered a tube of the RTV silicone that comes in a 45g tube from BoatBitz! The silicone is transparent silicone glue, its thin and ideal for small threads when sealing mounting bolts which is exactly what I have been looking for. I am sure the shoe-gue would work just fine but for $2.00 bucks a tube ya can't beat it. Plus, I picked up some of my Hop-up for my #SONICWAKE36'' as well from BoatBlitz.

Proboat Sonicwake complete upgrade kit which includes, the following:
    - A dual outlet (4 pickups) rudder kit
    - 1.5m (5 feet) large silicone tubing
    - 2x perfect seal hose covers
    - 2x large water outlets
    - Dual fully-adjustable trim tabs that bolt straight up as does rudder blade
    - Ony thing tricky thing is I have to carefully drill some new holes to run the new water lines to through the boat.
    sonicwake-complete-kit.jpg
    Last edited by UpliFT-RC; 07-23-2019 at 07:34 AM.