Thread: 72" Mystic Build ONE BIG OLE CAT

Lightbulb 72" Mystic Build ONE BIG OLE CAT

So recently I have been planning out a 72" Mystic Cat build and have been compiling an Excel list of some of the parts that would be used through a handful of suppliers. Offshorelectrics, CentralRCMarine, and MHZ to name a few and was looking to get opinions on the list thus far. My plan is to be running 12S 50C 5000mAh per motor and still need to figure out what an appropriate prop pitch and diameter would be for such a large hull and motor/esc setup. Any input or advice would be really appreciated. Looking to get around 80-90mph out of the setup pretty reliably after initial testing and temperature readings. Some of the listed parts may not be completely appropriate for fit such as stuffing and liner tubing sizes as it has been an ongoing list but feel free to comment back any corrections or additional parts that you feel would be necessary to get the build started. Cheers!Mystic Build (1).pdf

The list is included within the post at the very end as a pdf. Take a look!!!

72" is pretty big for those speeds. Sounds more like a 70-75mph setup as is. You may want to consider something ~12" shorter for higher speeds. List looks good. I wouldn't use a tapered prop nut very minor, and you may also want more than 5000mA. Motors on tunnel?

Do you think a 54” would be better suited for the speeds I’m looking for? I was intended to run them both on outter tunnels

Yes much better. I'm sure it could be done just haven't seen it yet. Most use CF plate mounts in the sponsons but they're a bit of work to install properly.

Check out Kent's (nata2run) builds if you haven't already, there is a wealth of information on 80mph+ cats in them. Oh, he offers some pretty awesome parts and he's not a bad builder either :-)
    http://customcfparts.com/gallery.htm

Following this one
    WheelMan Designz - Custom RC Creations

So OP here updating this post. I think I’m going to end up going with an MHZ Mystic 138 build. They have a pretty good ARTR kit that I’m going to go off of with the same motors and ESC setup as the original excel build sheet. I’ll update this with the new build sheet this weekend. Most of my research has lead me towards the smaller hull to hit triple digit speeds so I’m going that route with some Octura X457 props. Any other prop selection suggestions would be appreciated. I’m between either a 2 blade or 3 blade prop so suggestions are appreciated! Also think I’ve decided on two paint schemes. Either metallic charcoal gray blended into white sponson tips or the same charcoal with neon yellow sponson tips. Let me know what y’all think!!!
    Last edited by mxrb18; 08-06-2019 at 07:45 AM.

OP here again. Here is a link to the new build list and some pictures of different color schemes I am considering. PLEASE VIEW SHEET 2 ON EXCEL BUILD SHEET FOR UPDATED BUILD!!! The retro scheme my dad drew and is not one I am considering. Just wanted to see what he came up with

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...MN?usp=sharing

Cast y'alls color votes!!! I wanna hear your opinions.

Excellent choice! Gray with yellow tips.

Does anyone think with the hull change from 72" to 54" I can bump up the motor from a 800kV 4Y to a 1070kV 3Y for more top end speed? Wont need as much torque with the shorter hull. Just a thought.

One for gray and neon yellow

Time to update this post because I finally ordered my 1380mm MHZ Mystic in C-AFK finish!!! Super excited to get this build started!!!I have decided on a silver metallic color with a surprise widshield color stay tuned because I will be updating this post or starting a whole new post as this was originally for 72" version!