Thread: Aeromarine mean machine

Default Aeromarine mean machine

I have these 2 neu 1515. 1650kv motors and some 4s lipos will these work for a twin mean machine fun run boat? And what props. Thanks in advance for any and all comments

Geno, I think that sounds like a good setup. You’d be running bigger props with the lower rpm. 447’s to start then 50’s? Maybe a cut down set of 457’s? I have a set here. I’m not sure if they would be right or not. All kind of experimental.

Man that was fast thanks Shaun. I tried selling these motors for awhile with no luck so I guess I'll have to use them lol. I'm on my way to Boston for work so I'll be stopping in to the ose store and get me a hull and etti controllers

Quote Originally Posted by meangenesracing View Post
    Man that was fast thanks Shaun. I tried selling these motors for awhile with no luck so I guess I'll have to use them lol. I'm on my way to Boston for work so I'll be stopping in to the ose store and get me a hull and etti controllers
    It’ll be a tight squeeze but I had PB 1800kv’s in a Geico. A pair of Seaking 120’s should do you for ESC’s and yet be small. Etti’s would also work mind you. Look up my Geico build for ideas.

For that size motor I would be looking at a 36" hull just because you will have more room to work with. Twin 1515s can push a good size boat.

That seems like a lot of motor for that hull. I built one with twin aqua craft 36x56 1800 KV motors the motor that comes stock in the revolt. Counter rotating props I have a set of octura x 442's and a set of CNC 44x1.6 detounged and they both work very well running 4-s to each motor. Not my fastest boat by any means but it runs 48 to 50, handles real good and everything stays really cool. It's a little faster with the bigger CNC props but I was surprised how close they are. Hope this information helps with your project and good luck.

Hi Gene - I'll agree with those that brought up the "tight sqeeze" situation. Here's a picture of a customer's Mean Machine I built a while ago with a motor that's the same dimensions of your Neu 1515's (TP Power 4050 3Y 2200KV). Looking at this picture you can see how just one motor and ESC takes up a lot of room :

MM2 20190717_122319_resized.jpg

With just a single motor the MM gets up and boogies :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2rt6sH8jwE

If you really want to do a twin build with these motors the Cheetah might be an option to consider - more room and can handle the power nicely
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Gene

Here is a pic of my twin Mean Machine.
    Two 3674"s and I had to cut little slots in the hull to get them to fit.
    1515's too big, you mite try a Cheetah hull. a little bigger then the MM.

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Gene, how about a DF Explorer? Cheap and easy access under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Gene, how about a DF Explorer? Cheap and easy access under the hood.
    Shawn, just checked that hull out looks nice may have to go with that Steven doesn't have any mean machines right now anyway. I was just at his store yesterday looking at a few different hulls never thought of the delta force.