Thread: Zelos Twin 36 officially discontinued?

Default Zelos Twin 36 officially discontinued?

Took advantage of the sale price recently, boat came in today. Now I’m seeing the Zelos is showing not available on proboat website. Did I make a mistake by buying a discontinued model and should have bought the miss geico 36 instead?

Not really, the Zelos 36 Twin is a great boat, and $399 shipped was an absolute steal. You have the latest revision which includes the more efficient and faster 3831 motors vs. what came in that boat when it was first released. The Miss Geico twin is going through some productions issues at the moment with weak hulls. I'd say you made a fine decision.
    Last edited by fweasel; 07-12-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thumbs up

It's a good choice. And for that price is was a steal.

The Miss Geico twin is going through some productions issues at the moment with weak hulls. I'd say you made a fine decision.[/QUOTE]

Interesting reading,did`nt know that;had my first crash on the mg36 today while experimenting -although i had no damage so far...the naked hull is 370€ as a spare part.

https://youtu.be/qxxZp-qmTkA

Thanks guys. Made me feel better about it so I went ahead and unboxed it. It’s so much more amazing when it’s in front of you and not in pictures. I do wish I had the miss geico paint job, but oh well. My last boat was a miss geico 29 v3. I’m excited to get this boat wet.

Wait till you run it. I finally had mine out and was totally shocked at how fast it really is . And I didn't even have it going full tilt yet .

I also picked one up, and think it’s great !

I also am running 4 Dynamite 3s 5000 50c batteries. What batteries is everyone else using?

Mine is on shelf power right now. After unboxing I found an issue with the port side strut. Sent pictures to Horizon and the rep told me he had to contact the boat guys in California.. haven’t heard back since. I’m dying to run this boat

Mark, if and when your issue is taken care of and you still have doubts of keeping it or not, let me know as I have someone who will gladly take it off your hands. When I told him about the sale, he took too long to make up his mind that when he finally went to order the sale was over. You can even run it a few times once it gets fixed and I'm sure he won't mind still getting it from you. Then you can have the $$ for when the issues with the MG36 is fixed. So keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Mark, if and when your issue is taken care of and you still have doubts of keeping it or not, let me know as I have someone who will gladly take it off your hands. When I told him about the sale, he took too long to make up his mind that when he finally went to order the sale was over. You can even run it a few times once it gets fixed and I'm sure he won't mind still getting it from you. Then you can have the $$ for when the issues with the MG36 is fixed. So keep that in mind.
    I will keep you in mind. I’m seriously considering the price it cost me to get into the zelos vs the mg36.. but I do like the design of the new struts on the mg36.

How can you tell the difference in versions?

Well one is yellow and the other is neon green. One say Zelos Twin on it and the other say Miss Gieco. Does make it easy to ID them .

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    Well one is yellow and the other is neon green. One say Zelos Twin on it and the other say Miss Gieco. Does make it easy to ID them .
    So the miss geico is the latest version V3?
    Newbie RC Boater

The Miss Geico 36 uses longer more powerfull 3674 - 1900kv motors than the Zelos 3831 motors.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    The Miss Geico 36 uses longer more powerfull 3674 - 1900kv motors than the Zelos 3831 motors.
    So I should be able to use a larger prop to get more speed. Thx for the reply.

98 mph has already been done with the Geico 36 with stock electrics but a prop upgrade, have a word with Chris @ dasboater & he can supply you with the prepped props . These are props that are only intended for a few up & back SAW runs & not extended sport running around circuits, a set of smaller prepped props from chris will also get more speed than the stock props but with longer run periods.