Thread: miss geico 17 conversion

Default miss geico 17 conversion

hello,we bought my son a miss geico 17 a short while ago and it ran fine for a while then it seemed that the motor went bad.to my surprise proboat discontinued the motor for this boat and I was told that a dynamite 380 was the only thing close to a replacement I could get for it.i purchased one and installed it but the boat will take off fine but the steering servo will not work and after 5 or 10 seconds the motor will turn off and on.out of the water the motor and steering servo works just fine but when placed in the water the motor seems to bog down and the steering will only work if the motor is off.i think the new 380 motor is not correct or either the stock esc is not heavy enough to handle the new motor.rather than junk a month and a half old boat that we have 150.00 invested in I would like to rebuild it maybe with a brushless motor and esc,im curious to see if anyone has tried this and if so what did you do to make it work.

Could be ESC and current draw related, could be a reception issue while on the water, could be a weak battery... hard to say really. Lets see some pictures of the inside of the boat with the electronics you have installed.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

good news I just received a return label from the company that I purchased it from and they are gonna let me return it.thanks anyway

problem solved!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)