Thread: Scratch twin p cat

Default Scratch twin p cat

Weighing 5.5 lb before motors, escs and batts, she is over 10lb ready to race. I learned the hard way that she is a bit heavy for single motor (2 motors and 3 escs) and that to get race speeds for this beast (34” x 15” wide) and finish 6 laps, she needs twins. So twins it is for nats!
    here is video

Hit 720 dpi HD for better resolution
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

She handles that chop well with that extra weight tho Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Weighing 5.5 lb before motors, escs and batts, she is over 10lb ready to race. I learned the hard way that she is a bit heavy for single motor (2 motors and 3 escs) and that to get race speeds for this beast (34” x 15” wide) and finish 6 laps, she needs twins. So twins it is for nats!
    here is video

Hit 720 dpi HD for better resolution
    3 esc's is that correct? Got pictures? What size and kv motors

I thought that might be misleading... while on the hunt for single motor solution, I went through three escs and two motors. A bad MGM 200 esc shorted out my neu, then I gad a tppower cog on me and another slip under high load. Then a flier 150 esc thermal after 20 seconds or so, then a ztw 200 burn up... with that graph, I now know why. I was rushing things trying to get boat race ready, better judgement was unfortunately an afterthought.

I’ll post pics soon, boat is in slc getting waxed and polished for nats on Sunday. I’m headed there today.
    Hopefully I’ll have some GoPro footage to share as well.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

In video, she is running twin tp 3640, 1570Kv 5Y V2 motors, Ose Raider 150 escs, each with an extra cap bank between y connector and 4s pack, .078” wire drives, counter rotating CNC 48mm 3 blade, detongued and sharpened Total Pitch 2.65". The 2 packs are turnigy graphene 4000mah, 75c discharge. I do have two noise inhibitors between the escs and the y connector at the Spektrum receiver and a 2s lipo receiver pack. Until pictures, this is just about all the important details.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Sock it to 'em Bro ! SWEET
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Good luck to you and all the other HOTMBC racers at the Nats!

Thanks for the words! We missed you Jim, Jay and the rest of HOTMBC!
    I was pitting next to the crazy guys from district 8, and even got some magic done on my prop by the Buass.

So out of the five boats I raced, I got
    Second in p cat, this guy
    Third in p limited mono and
    Third in p sport hydro (was tied in points with ray, but he had more firsts in the heats).
    Plim sport hydro broke two stubs loose from their shafts.
    And p lim cat broke one loose as well.

Super happy with results and how much fun the nationals are!

Some friends came down from Montana and took some photos that I will post soon.
    I didn’t get my GoPro out once..
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Congratulations Jesse! We knew you would do well. That was some top-notch competition too. I’ll make it next year!

Great racing with you Jesse.. maybe we can get some smoothercwater to let out twin p cats eat..

Likewise Ray! Can’t wait to see how she will eat with a pair of Buass props.
    Let me know if you are ever coming through Denver.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet