Thread: Need Help with the proper ESC for a F1 Tunnel Hull

Default Need Help with the proper ESC for a F1 Tunnel Hull

Hello

I have a 22" F1 Tunnel Hull that I would like to use this: https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80980 in it.

I would like to know what ESC would be Safe and dependable to use with it? I have been looking at the Seaking brushless ESC just don`t know what amperage to go with.

I also suffer with a HEAVY Speed trigger finger.

Any suggestions / experiences?

Let me know.
    Thanks
    George

i would be looking at 120 amp esc , this way you can go up to 3s lipo as well as 2s.

I run that outboard on a old MRP 22" tunnel, I use a 60 amp SeaKing, The Mfg suggest 60 to 90 amp ESC. My little old tunnel is not a race boat, I am not pushing its running gear to the max, for just fun sport running on 2s or 3s a 60 amp is just fine for that. With the prop I use, on 2s I get mid / low 20,s, 23 mph gps to be exact. If you're going racing with your tunnel or just wanting to tune it to the max, running much larger than stock props with that motor, then go to a 90 + amp ESC. What little 22" hull you running? good luck.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

my 2 cents....get a 120 ESC.....I run that outboard, and use a 120 seaking ESC I have upgraded to a leopard motor and this running gear easily handles 4s
    I too am hard on & off the throttle
    cowls.jpg

Last edited by MadProps; 07-07-2019 at 01:19 PM.