Thread: couple questions (motley crue and zonda)

Default couple questions (motley crue and zonda)

To start off with:
    Tried running a Motley with one of OSE moters 3660/1620kv he had on sale, OSE 150 ESC on 4s (battery was a rev 5000mah/50c, used one, but had one battery on each side for balance) prop, dashbota x445, strut 1/4 above sponsoons?. Once she started on plane and up to speed, right side started to lift out to ready to roll over, shut down quick enough not have to swim, (too much prop torc) cog is about 30%. Oh, bottom is flat as well.

Second: Zonda
    Would the motor (SSS 3060/1620kv from OSE) be ok to run 6s in a zonda twin without mishaps (over heating)? have dashbota's 1760 props for it. Right know setting up with sss 3674/2075kv with abc1760 props for a race (4s after that)

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc View Post
    To start off with:
    Tried running a Motley with one of OSE moters 3660/1620kv he had on sale, OSE 150 ESC on 4s (battery was a rev 5000mah/50c, used one, but had one battery on each side for balance) prop, dashbota x445, strut 1/4 above sponsoons?. Once she started on plane and up to speed, right side started to lift out to ready to roll over, shut down quick enough not have to swim, (too much prop torc) cog is about 30%. Oh, bottom is flat as well.

Would the motor (SSS 3060/1620kv from OSE) be ok to run 6s in a zonda twin without mishaps (over heating)? have dashbota's 1760 props for it. Right know setting up with sss 3674/2075kv with abc1760 props for a race (4s after that)

JC
    My Zonda has those motors there ok not ideal for 6s but they run cold with a 48 prop nothing fast 68 mph and descent run time .

I’m not sure what a “1760” prop is, if it’s an Octura then it is crazy too big for your setup and I don’t find it on my ABC prop chart. But regardless, a 2075 Kv motor on 6S is too much for most “racing”. It is however appropriate for a careful 4S setup. What kind of racing are you planning?
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

To start off with:

JC
    It seems strange that you say the RIGHT side lifts. Prop torque usually causes the left side to lift.
    Maybe there is a different problem

....shut down quick enough not have to swim... JC
    This is not a viable way to retrieve a boat. You should read the articles where people have died attempting this.
    Every so often, there is another death that makes the news and nobody wants yet one more.
    Pease take this safety moment seriously.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I'm bad fluid (abc 1716) and only going to run a couple of saw runs against a gasser. After that be only 4s, don't need to spend more cash replacing stuff. Will make sure of greasing up everything before race (one time only)

Jesse: never had to swim for it, just waded out to belly high. Health wouldn't let me swim, but wouldn't do it anyways (not worth it)

Still wondering why right side of MC would lift out ready to roll over? wish I had a video of it. Was running 4s, (one on each side, only one connected other was for balance) cog was about 10" from stern (30%?)

785boats: I agree with you, this past winter made sure of flatness, sharpened all edges. I'm so confused. Going to swap out to aq 2030kv, 120amp esc, prop? x442 b/s frpm dashbot, run 4s, i'll see what happens.