Thread: Old timer needs help

Default Old timer needs help

I am an old timer who ran glow fuel and was running an Electric Thunder hydro with a 540 brushed and nicads when I quit running.
    Now because of a six year old grandson who received a REACT, it is time to dust off the boats and have some fun.
    My first question is,
    1 do you precharge a lot of batteries before you go to the lake?
    Or do you charge at the lake?
    The grandson is to impatient to wait for a charge!
    2 if charging at he lake, what charger do you use?
    This battery is a 1500 MAH 2s. 7.4.
    If this is successful, I will need an education on what to refit my brushed setup with to go brushless and lipo?
    And then refit my Dumas Atlas Van lines 40!
    Thanks in advance for you help.

I do pre-charge battery's before taking my grandson out to the pond...it's just like anything else the more fuel you have the longer you can go..but i always allow some cooling off time on my electric stuff before I re-run.. thats just my two cents worth..

I was reading some where they heat lipos to 100 degree for best performance. I don't remember who but I read only people who were top notch rc boaters or persons who have a lot postings here!

Cool

Unfortunately the OP hasn?t logged back in for several months so he?ll miss these answers. LiPos have a lower internal resistance at higher temperatures, most SAW racers heat their packs to around 120*F prior to making their 2-3 passes to get maximum power out of the cells. Some may heat their packs for oval racing, but usually only if the ambient temps are low. While it may seem count-intuitive, at low temps the packs have higher resistance and will heat up faster than they will at higher temps.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for