Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/12 scale miss budweiser

thank you again.i wanted to ask you what you think of this list of parts I think im going to order shortly and see if I am getting the correct materials please.
    motor =leopard 2845 39a 800 watt max
    motor mount to fit the above stated motor
    strut=speedmaster sport 20
    flex cable=assembled .150 flex with a 3/16 prop shaft 2.25 long
    stuffing tube=1/4 inch tube with Teflon

I want to get these parts first and get them fitted into the hull and make sure everything will fit and work properly before I re paint the hull.then after im finished with the repairs and installing the motor and drive assemblies I can order the rest of the componets to complete the boat.if you see anything I should change let me know or if you have any other suggestions I would appreciate it.thanks again.

That all looks good except I would go a larger motor and therefore the components to match.
    Motor: https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...?prod=leo-3660

Coupler: https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=ose-81502-s (Or similar)

Mount: https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=ose-80230-b

I see the couplers are out but I may have one and I’m pretty sure that I have a couple older 36mm motors(Hacker) at home that would be suitable. You could have one if you don’t mind waiting a bit. I am away from home working but can see what I have Friday when I return

thanks a lot for the help.ive sarted sanding the hull this morning to get ready to repair the broken hull,and im going to talk to a local sign shop that does decals also to see if they can duplicate the stock decals.theres a local auto body supply shop that can mix me a small 4oz batch of paint to match and im going to get them to add a bit of highlight and metal flake to it.it should look great when finished.

Sounds like an awesome start

I have these motors here, one is 2700kvand other is 2380kv. Either would go with 3s. They are 2 pole motors so not as much torque as a 4 pole.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I have these motors here, one is 2700kvand other is 2380kv. Either would go with 3s. They are 2 pole motors so not as much torque as a 4 pole.
    I appreciate that but I already made an order for the leopard motor to couldn’t wait any longer

You also said your motors would work on 3 s.as we talked earlier I understood that I would be running two 3 s batteries in series,wouldn’t that be 6 s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12