Thread: split hull

Default split hull

The waves were too much for her she blew apart on one side
    thumbnail.jpg

SONICWAKE 36? If it is, it seems many people are experiencing problems with the integrity of their hull on their SONICWAKE 36. I haven't encountered any problems yet with mine but, I've only ran mine one time since I've gotten it for approximately 2min. .
    Last edited by Bp9145; 06-30-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Ya sonicwake 36 not shockwave, the material seems fine its just the top and bottom half's came apart. I gorilla taped it for now and its holding up but i ordered another hull

Hatch tape the seam right away for strength and abrasion protection on the new one.

Split my sonic too on a nasty flip....used ABS pipe cement to fix....with a bit of carbon fiber inside....all good now....

Quote Originally Posted by jhurlbert View Post
    Ya sonicwake 36 not shockwave, the material seems fine its just the top and bottom half's came apart. I gorilla taped it for now and its holding up but i ordered another hull
    sorry, that's what I meant. .LOL

You guys with split hulls should call Horizan hobby. They had issue in the Vorcity and now Sonicwake plastic version.
    You should not have to deal with this as they need to test and prove out process . Specialy after reading how strong there glue joints are from them in other forms. The glue joint should be stronger than the rest of the boat not weaker.

Well ill try to email them. Maybe they can send me a credit or something because I already received my new hull from tower hobbies. I only opened the box so i guess it can go back

Quote Originally Posted by jhurlbert View Post
    Well ill try to email them. Maybe they can send me a credit or something because I already received my new hull from tower hobbies. I only opened the box so i guess it can go back
    You can call them at 877-504-0233 the menu will tell you what to do yo7 want to talk to the boat tech. Be ready to wait but there a option they will call you back . Hope it helps
    My Voracity the fiberglass version pop open like 3 inches long. I bought it used so I was screwed .
    I just hit a boat standing still ,I was only going like 5 mph too. If my new Sonicwake splits I am going to be pissed.

So they gave me a 40% credit on the hull i bought from tower hobbies. I have to use it at tower within two months they said. I am going to call tower when they open and see if they will credit me back that amount or extend when i can use the credit because i cant think of anything i need right now...

At lease you got something .

Deleted