Thread: OSE Dual pickup rudder

Default OSE Dual pickup rudder

I have only run my boat once since this upgrade. I have a dasboata prop and i ran a full charge on 6s (2) 6000mah batteries. I was messing around and not keeping a constant speed all the time. When i was done with my run my esc was about 176F give or take one or two. A little hot.

Thats where i was at before the upgrade but i also ran 2 5000mah batteries at the time witch weighed about 14.4oz less..... so more weight prob used more power to run the boat creating more heat....

What do other people think running this upgrade?

Also i think with the 1/4” water outlets i couldn't see water coming out the side of my boat like before. I think they might reduce the pressure enough to were you cant tell if its flowing that much water

Dual Rudder pickup is nice to separate your motor & esc so they are on their own cooling lines. However if your ESC is coming off the water at 176 You have some setup issues and are going to burn something up.

What temp is your motor coming off at if the ESC is 176? How big of a prop are you running & on what size boat? I don't care who you got your prop from if you have the wrong one it's a bad thing.

The motor was at 120F. Its a octura x440 3 blade i think. I have one on order from doctorprops too. I never took the temps with the stock prop and cooling system but it seemed like it was just as hot if not hotter. This prop does have problems cavitating at slower speeds. Its really for top end i think.

And i am running a sonicwake 36 stock motor and esc. I have always had a problem with the cooling setup

I have read online that some people are even running cooler than stock with a Dasboata prop.
    Last edited by jhurlbert; 06-26-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Good luck in your quest for a cool setup. Like i said just be mindful of your esc & motor temps.

Changed the way i ran a hose around my batterie wires and i didn't break 120f!!! Motor was at about 100

I noticed that my brand new sonicwake ESC had a completely restricted cooling tube. It looks like it was for the assembly glue used on the hose fitting. I drilled it out and opened up all 4 hose fittings on both passages slightly so they were the same diameter as the aluminum heat sink. What diameter is this? Just open it slightly and if your drill slips quickly once it passes through the fitting into the heat sink - try a slightly larger drill. Hope this helps.

Default Mods to the Dual Rudder Pickup and the stock esc!

I run the dual rudder pick up on my Sonicwake 36 in attachment 1 but I am going to be taking a small drill bit to make the connectors coming off the stock ESC and the dual rudder a bit bigger FOR MORE water flow and less restriction! I found a guy on here that drilled out all of his connectors, see attachments 2 and 3 and it helped even better to get his temps down! I want to install a new motor and I can't decide. I am thinking about going with the Leopard 3674 1400kV motor on running it on 4s which will give me around the 41 mph but I will have run times anywhere from 8-10 minutes with using my stock prop! I am not trying to break any world records just want to have a boat that I CAN longer than 4 minutes! Feel free to let me know your thoughts and concerns?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UpliFT-RC; 07-24-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7