Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sonic Wake Propeller recommendations?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1

    Default Sonic Wake Propeller recommendations?

    Recommendations for 6s? im running a leopard 2200kv if that helps. please let me know, even if its not a sonicwake but the same size boat (36 Inch), let me know what you use for pitch/ diameter. thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Running a leopard 2200kv on 6s = 48,000 rpm which will render your Sonicwake uncontrollable. 4s would be a much better setup with the stock prop or similar. I use an Octura M445 1.4 pitch on one of my Pursuits (32Inch) with a Leopard 4074 2150Kv on 4s. On my stock Sonicwake I use a GrimRacer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop on 6s which I'm very happy with. No overheating, saw toothing or flipping all over the place just good oval sport racing fun.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n Crash View Post
    Running a leopard 2200kv on 6s = 48,000 rpm which will render your Sonicwake uncontrollable. 4s would be a much better setup with the stock prop or similar. I use an Octura M445 1.4 pitch on one of my Pursuits (32Inch) with a Leopard 4074 2150Kv on 4s. On my stock Sonicwake I use a GrimRacer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop on 6s which I'm very happy with. No overheating, saw toothing or flipping all over the place just good oval sport racing fun.
    That's some good info to have. Thank you. I'm thinking my SonicWake is probably thanking you, and the Pursuit I'll be (eventually) getting will thank you.

    ~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Last edited by Panther6834; 05-25-2020 at 06:22 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Did you have to balance and detounge the prop? I can't find one ready to run.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    122

    Default

    The GrimRacer prop had to be balanced and sharpened but I did not detounge the prop.
    The M445 came from OSE balanced sharpened and thinned and it is detounged.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n Crash View Post
    The GrimRacer prop had to be balanced and sharpened but I did not detounge the prop.
    The M445 came from OSE balanced sharpened and thinned and it is detounged.
    Picked up one of those (M445 s&b) from Steve, and can't wait to test it out.

    ~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    122

    Default

    If you're still running your Sonicwake on 4s it should be a great prop. It may be a bit too much on 6s though.
    I'm not sure who is doing the prop work for Steve now but the M445's I got from him a couple of years ago where literally works of art.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n Crash View Post
    If you're still running your Sonicwake on 4s it should be a great prop. It may be a bit too much on 6s though.
    I'm not sure who is doing the prop work for Steve now but the M445's I got from him a couple of years ago where literally works of art.
    Regarding 6S, and the M445, is that based only on the stock prop? Asking because, as previously mentioned, I'm replacing the stock 1900kV mirror with a 1400kV motor.

    ~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    122

    Default

    The M445 should be fine on 6s with the lower 1400kv motor which should give you around 30,800 unloaded rpm. I was basing my previous 6s comments on the stock 1900kv motor still being installed which would give you around 41,800 unloaded rpm.

    You're definitely going to kick it up a notch with that setup so keep an eye on the temps if you're aiming for long run times.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n Crash View Post
    The M445 should be fine on 6s with the lower 1400kv motor which should give you around 30,800 unloaded rpm. I was basing my previous 6s comments on the stock 1900kv motor still being installed which would give you around 41,800 unloaded rpm.

    You're definitely going to kick it up a notch with that setup so keep an eye on the temps if you're aiming for long run times.
    On my Stock Sonicwake I have been running two props that I got from Chris Hoffman which come balanced and sharpened! Attachment 1 is my Sonic X445 prop I love running it on 4s since i GET around 8 9 minutes give or take! For my speed runs, see attachment # 2 - Its my Supersonic 3 blade prop which I have been able to get about 59 mph out of my stock boat and i could have reached 65 no problem but I just ran out of room in the lake, click on the link for the PB!

    You can only run with the Supersonic prop for 2 or 3 minutes due to the weight of the prop since i am still running all of my stock electronics! I am looking to upgrade my motor to a Leopard 4074 Motor 1050kv but you have to do some modification due to it being a 40mm can vs the a 36mm can that comes stock! Has anybody tired running a Leopard 3674 2200KV since it would be pretty much a a drop in replacement?

    Here is my run PB run with the SuperSonic prop and stock electronics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Had anybody else seen BoatBitz video on the adjustable stinger they've been working on for the SonicWake? Should be amazing for purchase soon.
    https://youtu.be/TNXiJWaCSmM



    ~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    54

    Default

    They work awesome!
    Feel free to stay connected:
    Youtube channel: shorturl.at/ntFQ7 / Facebook page: http://shorturl.at/lKUV0

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    54

    Default

    [QUOTE=Capt'n Crash;745050]Running a leopard 2200kv on 6s = 48,000 rpm which will render your Sonicwake uncontrollable. 4s would be a much better setup with the stock prop or similar. I use an Octura M445 1.4 pitch on one of my Pursuits (32Inch) with a Leopard 4074 2150Kv on 4s. On my stock Sonicwake I use a GrimRacer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop on 6s which I'm very happy with. No overheating, saw toothing or flipping all over the place just good oval sport racing fun.[/Q

    I am getting ready to install a Seaking 180 ESC in my SW and going to be making some slight mods for it to fit in the middle of the hull instead of people installing them to the right side of the stock ESC!! I bought a fiberglass mount for the ESC from OSE so it will fit flush ones I make some slight changes to the battery tray!
    Feel free to stay connected:
    Youtube channel: shorturl.at/ntFQ7 / Facebook page: http://shorturl.at/lKUV0

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •