Thread: Zelos 36 - First run one ESC in LVC after a pass or two. Would these ESC's be better?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Zelos 36 - First run one ESC in LVC after a pass or two. Would these ESC's be better?

I picked up a Zelos 36 from a local hobby shop on sale for $450. I absolutely love the size of this beauty.

I ran it yesterday on two Lectron Pro 5200 50C 3s packs with the adapter so running 6s to both esc's. Twice, the left esc has kicked into LVC within a pass or two. Came in, pulled tape and hatch and blinking red light. Nothing warm besides the harness wires slightly (but I ran it on 4s prior).

Turned the ESCs on then off again and tried again, did it again after the second or third pass.

Prior to the first runs I pulled and greased the drives, made sure motors lined up and also checked the clearance of everything along with confirming all screws were tight.

Top speed on one of the runs was 53.4 mph by GPS.

My LHS has a used pair of the Dynamite 160A 8s ESC's for $100 each (I think I can get them for $80/each). Assuming it isn't my batteries (I run them in my by Blackjack 24 and Streamline RC Thrasher jet boat without any issue), would it be worthwhile to grab these ESCs?

I assume running a higher amp capable esc would be more efficient and also provide the ability to go to 8s if I wanted (I do have batteries to run in an 8s setup if I wanted.

Any help is appreciated. ESC's in question are : https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynamit...SABEgJS9fD_BwE

EDIT: I recalibrated the escs and also set LVC down to 3v per cell. Thinking maybe upon full throttle its dropping past the LVC limit in that burst which is casuing the issue. When i pulled the batteries after the run i was at 3.69v per cell.

I also ordered SMC 5400 90c 3s packs to try out as well.
    Last edited by ninjajimmy; 06-21-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Add info