Thread: Leopard 5692 Motor rotates in ose-80927 mount

Default Leopard 5692 Motor rotates in ose-80927 mount

I am in the process of building an ML Boat works GSX380 Q sport hydro. I am in the mockup stage of the build and when I assembled the Leopard 5692 motor into the OSE-80927 56MM motor mount and tightened everything down I found that the motor will freely spin in the mount. I am fighting the urge to cut down one half of the mount to take the clearance between the motor and mount hoping that there is something I am missing or if anyone has another suggestion. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

ose-80927_small.jpg

Wrap some electrical tape around the can

Or wrap with some ptfe plumbers tape around the can, this wont get affected by any heat from the motor.

Shimming the motor can would work, but would offend my desires for a clean looking install, personally. Usually those types of mounts have a single gap style ring with a through bolt. Are the two halves of that gap bottoming out on one another before the ring is tight on the can? If so, can you just remove some material to make the gap wider, allowing for a tighter clamp radius to be achieved?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

You buy 60mm diameter glue adhesive heat shrink tube and you put it where mount touch the motor.

The motor will be perfectly adjusted.