Thread: Austin TX rc boaters??

Default Austin TX rc boaters??

Im building electrics and looking for a safe place to run with others. I have found myself completely addicted. Would like to find out how my boats stack up. I feel like Im on a deserted island here.

As I recall, eric113 is in your area. He runs with the HOTMBC in Katy when he can.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Closest active club of which I am aware of is the HOTMBC that runs boats in Katy Texas (NW of Houston) on the first and third Saturday of the month. Great bunch of guys that can help you with your addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Closest active club of which I am aware of is the HOTMBC that runs boats in Katy Texas (NW of Houston) on the first and third Saturday of the month. Great bunch of guys that can help you with your addiction!
    I am aware of HOTMBC. I have some friends that live in Katy I will have to make a weekend of it soon. There is also the thunderboats club in the Dallas area. Take your pick its takes almost the exact same time to get to either Dallas or Houston from Austin. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by tjj atx View Post
    Im building electrics and looking for a safe place to run with others. I have found myself completely addicted. Would like to find out how my boats stack up. I feel like Im on a deserted island here.
    The HOTMBC has two very active members from Austin. Otto and Eric. They have been working on setting up the Austin chapter of the HOTMBC on a local private lake. Send me your email address in a PM, and I will hook you up with them. The HOTMBC meets every 1st and 3rd Saturday here in Katy, TX, and you’d be very welcome to come run with us.

Katy is first and third weekends. Eric and I are working hard to find a decent site for an Austin club. Where do you run?

There’s not as much FE action in Dallas, a few guys but AFAIK they don’t meet regularly.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Katy is first and third weekends. Eric and I are working hard to find a decent site for an Austin club. Where do you run?
    I run where I can. Lake plfugerville two saturdays ago, there was only one kayaker that day and he was on the other side of the lake. I'm going to try lake Hutto in the brushy creek development next, I've scoped it out a couple times and doesn't seem to get much use. I have yet to find a lake that I feel completely comfortable at. Seven plus pounds at 70+mph makes me very nervous. I've been in the hobby for about 18 months so I've got a lot to learn.