Thread: 120 / 130cm mono Twin Setup, 2 x 4956 Outrunner motors 1250kV, 4250 Watts, 2 x 8S

Question 120 / 130cm mono Twin Setup, 2 x 4956 Outrunner motors 1250kV, 4250 Watts, 2 x 8S

For a 120 / 130cm mono ( TITUS , RSV RAPTOR ...) I think about this twin setup, 2 x 4956 Outrunner motors 1250kV, 4250 Watts, 8S for each motor.

RotorStars are strong motors, magnets are Neodymium and Ball Bearings are high end.

What do you think ?

Thank you guys.

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-16-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Twin outrunners, I would love to hear those baby's sing at high rpms. Would the cooling be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzoom View Post
    Twin outrunners, I would love to hear those baby's sing at high rpms. Would the cooling be an issue?
    Long runs cooling would be an issue. Provisions could be made and outrunners can run hotter by design. High rpm is not really recommended. I’ll get my outrunners twin back together soon(next project).

With a strong aluminium water cooled motor mount no problem. Here, 2 x HYPERION by Scorpion 3026-1600kV :

Twin outrunners sound awesome, may be because the number of poles. That' s nice music !

I love this hull, so sexxxy !

Motor Mounts :

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Twin outrunners sound awesome, may be because the number of poles. That' s nice music !
    The rotor can oscilate like a bell. 12/10 and 12/14 oscilate more then 12/8 (slot/poles).

I have some similar hobbyking outrunners in boats and they work well. Cooled motormount and for the usual driving it is ok if you are planning something like 6-8s 5000mAh per motor of this size and 5min+

If you want to go for 10000mAh per motor and higher currents you should better choose a bigger inrunner with propper waterjacket.
    My 500-sized helicopter motor running on 5000mAh 6s1p set up for 5-6min is fine but deffinately gets warm.

Yes, the sound is different but when I run a Mono with an outrunner I always use single setups.
    The inertia of the outrunner can flip the boat when it is floating upside down. With a twin setup this nice feature is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Hi my friend !

Not at all, but let me help you with this link:

http://www.hydroworld.de/vb/showthre...6-Suppo-Motors

As you can see, Blue is a real fan of big cheap bare hulls w/o twin set-up.
    You should contact him.

Regards